Battery drain and laggy

zteuserzteuser United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

My phone recently started getting super laggy at times, unusable without a restart. When I check memory it showed the Android OS used 2.8 gigs if the 3 available. It also started using an absurd amount of battery. Losing 40 percent at night while I sleep. I've tried deleting the cache, restoring the phone from settings and restoring from bootloader and nothing worked. Any other ideas??!

Comments

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Couple things @zteuser. You could try and determine if an app is drawing all the power. Have you installed any new apps since this started happening? If so you could uninstall it and see if it fixes it. You can go to settings->power manager-> battery usage to see if there is anything unusual happening with apps or hardware. If you did your factory reset from a google back up, you could try factory resetting again, but DO NOT load from backup. Sometimes they get corrupt. The last thing, and the most time consuming, is to factory reset, and install apps one by one until you see the same things happen. Then you can narrow in if it's actually an app or not.

As mentioned in another post for a different device, the Zedge app can cause issues if you have that installed. Hope this helps a little.

• digiduck_2582digiduck_2582 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also @zteuser look into a good antivirus software. There is a new virus that's been hitting Android phones that causes exactly what you've been describing. Since ZTE can't keep up with the security updates, all v8 blade pros are at high risk for this virus.

• zteuserzteuser United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

I downloaded and ran Avast, but didn't find anything. Do you have another recommendation?

@zteuser said:
    I downloaded and ran Avast, but didn't find anything. Do you have another recommendation?

Hmmmm you can try doing a factory reset through the recovery menu.
    Instructions for that can be found here. https://www.hardreset.info/devices/zte/zte-blade-v8-pro/recovery-mode/ DO not load from a back up image. Make sure it is a fresh install.

• zteuserzteuser United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

@digiduck_2582 said:

@zteuser said:

Hmmmm you can try doing a factory reset through the recovery menu.
    Instructions for that can be found here. https://www.hardreset.info/devices/zte/zte-blade-v8-pro/recovery-mode/ DO not load from a back up image. Make sure it is a fresh install.

I did the factory reset, but still the same problem. I wish the factory reset really reset it, but it reloads with the latest security patch. I've been selectively deleting apps. But nothing helps... Even as I type this the keyboard lags 2-3 seconds and my battery has dropped 70 percent today with minimal usage. I'm wondering if it is a hardware issue.

At this point, I would consider contacting ZTE. If your phone was purchased within the last year, new. It should have a manufacturer warranty. Thats supposed to be good for a year.

• landzonelandzone San DiegoPosts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After doing  a factory  reset, I suggest  you  wipe the  cache partition  again.  This  helped  my  phone which  was  suffering  similar  issues.