Axon Sporadically Reboots

saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 14, 2018 11:28PM in Axon (A1P & Axon 7/Mini)

Twice now I have noticed my Axon 7 reboot out of the blue. These reboots have occurred when the phone is on the table and I haven't interacted with it in any way. Anyone else experienced this bug? I haven't had an incident like this since Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't come across this one at all. Any new apps installed that may be causing it?

• jazzijazzi Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there an SD card installed? Erratic phone operation sometimes results when cards start failing. That usually occurs though when data is being written to the card.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jazzi said:
    Is there an SD card installed? Erratic phone operation sometimes results when cards start failing. That usually occurs though when data is being written to the card.

Good call, forgot about that!

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had similar problem but the solution was clean cache.seems Google updated something behind.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Sd card is new so I will see about cleaning the cache, thanks for the advice.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have had this happen only when the phone is to hot, sometimes when I'm out driving and I have GPS and YouTube or something on the phone and it pops up a message and then restarted

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,617 mod

Netflix was causing a reboot on my Axon M this past week. I have to wonder if perhaps you installed or updated an app recently that may be causing this?

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    Netflix was causing a reboot on my Axon M this past week. I have to wonder if perhaps you installed or updated an app recently that may be causing this?

I think I just needed to delete the cache-which I did with the Files Go app. Google does updates on the down-low especially for things with Instant Apps but the phone hasn't rebooted since I deleted the cache which was 1.7GB.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Luckily I have not experienced this with my Axon 7.