One Year Later... How Well Is Your Blade Z Max Holding Up?

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited StatesPosts: 3,586 admin

Happy 1 year to the Blade Z Max!

I want to hear from real owners on how well the device has held up for you.

Let me know how long you've owned the device as well.

Post some pics of your setup if you're a true fan of the Blade Z Max!

Comments

• matt_zteFan62matt_zteFan62 United StatesPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still love the blade z max! Just wish an update would happen at some point, but it's still running strong.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,550 mod

One in the household is still going strong the other is going strong with broken screen. I still really like this device, quirky but it works for me.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Still working well here, While the SOC is not as fast as that of a high end device, the amazing battery life allows me to get more use out of the device as I do not have to worry about rationing my use of the device, the end result = more media consumption, browsing the web in search of something interesting. The device is still in great condition, though I did get a case for it.

I got my device shortly after release.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The phone's screen, battery life, and the fact that is lightweight yet does not feel cheap is really making the phone stand out. I wish all phones will have 4000mA or more as standard:). The SoC and ram is definitely holding the phone back, probably my major complain as I just wish it can have 1 extra GB and just a tad more powerful SoC to really put the phone's great battery life and screen into great use. The phone functions as more of a secondary phone for me now that I finally cut off home phone and port the number to mobile so it acts as my home phone which is perfect due to extra long battery life that I don't have to charge it as often.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use this as a daily whenever i want battery life. The screen is great, battery life is great, and does basic things well. If I'm gaming or multitasking, I stick to my trusty A7. But if I'm leaving the house for the day and don't want to worry about my battery life, I take the ZMP with me!

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I too, use this device daily. Still working great. Battery lasts all day. And I am hooked on the 6inch screen.
    But Happy birthday BZM! It a been a good year. :)

• johnny3ddjohnny3dd United StatesPosts: 59 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    One in the household is still going strong the other is going strong with broken screen. I still really like this device, quirky but it works for me.

That's funny, I've got the exact same situation. One broke screen works fine, the other still going strong. For an inexpensive device they are a work horse, just can't kill this thing lol. Still Loving the big screen, and battery life, can't forget the Dolby audio, I'm always listening to tunes and it definitely brings music to life. It's still Rockin after a year, gotta love it!

@johnny3dd said:

@ironbaybeedoll said:

That's funny, I've got the exact same situation. One broke screen works fine, the other still going strong. For an inexpensive device they are a work horse, just can't kill this thing lol. Still Loving the big screen, and battery life, can't forget the Dolby audio, I'm always listening to tunes and it definitely brings music to life. It's still Rockin after a year, gotta love it!

You are right. This device is a work horse.
    I have my device through alot and it's still working!!

• rmoreno75rmoreno75 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Not sure what happened but this is my 4th ZTE Blade Max Z982. It still over heats which in turn freezes my apps and screen. Have to reboot ever so often with no results. Need help with having ZTE step in because MetroPCS just keeps on giving me refurbished phones with the same problems which by the way they are witnesses of the problem.

• GamersGamers United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

@sshasan honestly I love it's features but still have some problems but going strong just waiting for a system update to fix these bugs I know ZTE has been through a lot but other than that this device is going strong still have mine from December. 31 and I love it by far my best Android phone. Sorry for tagging.

My main thing with the phone is that is reliable. I have used other phones in the price range that can't do a lot like the blade zmax can. It gets through the day and I have had no problems with it. Yes the 2gb of ram is not the best, but I'm not gaming or anything crazy so it works. That's where I see some people have issues with it and in the end it's all about what you do with the phone.

edited August 20, 2018 3:42PM

Have to say, Blade Z Max for the money and the limited memory preforms almost as good as my LG V30 I've been using the last month. I've loaded pretty much the same apps and it seemes to keep up with the way way way more expensive LG flagship quite well. All the companys out there making insanely over priced devices need to take a lesson from ZTE, on how ZTE makes quality devices for a fraction of the cost. I'm anticipating seeing what's next for ZTE! I've always been an LG device user and know what to expect, but found myself quite surprised with ZTE devices last couple of years. I've come to appreciate the fact that Expensive doesn't always mean better, that's what ZTE has proven to me.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,111 mod

@johnny3dd said:
    Have to say, Blade Z Max for the money and the limited memory preforms almost as good as my LG V30 I've been using the last month. I've loaded pretty much the same apps and it seemes to keep up with the way way way more expensive LG flagship quite well. All the companys out there making insanely over priced devices need to take a lesson from ZTE, on how ZTE makes quality devices for a fraction of the cost. I'm anticipating seeing what's next for ZTE! I've always been an LG device user and know what to expect, but found myself quite surprised with ZTE devices last couple of years. I've come to appreciate the fact that Expensive doesn't always mean better, that's what ZTE has proven to me.

Great to hear!! My son uses mine mainly for gaming and YouTube and he has ZERO issues with it. I love that phone especially for the price. 😁

@angelp said:
    It could be better if zte FREAKING updates it because ram management is garbage

Well now that ZTE is back in business we shall see. I'm guessing they will sooner rather than later, being it has been a while since last updates we're sent OTA. Hang in there, or don't?

I'm hoping it will get an update for people that have been loyal to them with everything that happened. With that though, if we don't I'm still planning on getting the axon 9 when it comes out.

• oklahomahossoklahomahoss Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm honestly not seeing how the Blade, which I was looking forward to as an upgrade to my ZMax Pro, is any better than the Pro. I went to phonearena and compared the specs, and it looks like the Pro, aside from the Blade having a slightly better camera, is a better phone all around.

If you traded from the Zmax Pro to the Blade ZMax, what was the deciding factor?

@oklahomahoss said:
    I'm honestly not seeing how the Blade, which I was looking forward to as an upgrade to my ZMax Pro, is any better than the Pro. I went to phonearena and compared the specs, and it looks like the Pro, aside from the Blade having a slightly better camera, is a better phone all around.

If you traded from the Zmax Pro to the Blade ZMax, what was the deciding factor?

The battery, performance. :)

@wings4annie said:

@oklahomahoss said:

The battery, performance. :)

That's what I was going to say, you beat me to it 😃 for sure the battery is much better at powering through the day.

@oklahomahoss said:

For me it was the battery, camera, and that it had 7.1.

• coolbud86coolbud86 FLPosts: 62 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the fact that zte made a phone that anyplace else would sell for 300-500 dollars only for 99 dollars I just brought head phones and a new red case and screen protector but im running into a problem metro pcs is no longer selling the phone and the warranty expires next month so i have to look into buying a new phone should something go wrong and metro is cheap on the phones but i got to wait for price drops on phones before i can replace this one . would also like to know why the phone cant get security updates like every 2 months is the security that strong or is there something else going on.

• syntapsyntap Washington DCPosts: 212 ✭✭✭✭✭

My z982 has been a very reliable workhorse. It is my daily driver... call quality has been great, battery life is just never a problem, it has been an outstanding phone.

• MarshmallowCakesMarshmallowCakes Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropped mine in a case and it bent with a yellow tint on the bend mark. Still works just fine though! :smiley:

• tony.belltony.bell Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited September 5, 2018 3:38PM

Have had the Z982 since June of this year - purchased as a stop gap after my then Sony Xperia XA Ultra took a swim. The Z982 is by far the worst phone I have owned since 2011. Heck, I have an iphone 4 which still runs and was dropped in the toilet by my then 1 1/2 year old daughter in 2012, which is faster than that the Max. Don't get me started about heat issues when charging or the constant freezing, forced slash weekly hard reboots. Thankfully it is as earlier pecked a stop gap, seeing as I am leaning towards the One Plus 6 or even one of the new iPhone. Will type this, the camera is OK and takes OK photo's. Will be slightly interesting how the current administration deals with the ZTE.

• pripankajpripankaj IndiaPosts: 1 ✭✭

thanx for sharing...

• bxh7835dbxh7835d Los AngelesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

I'd love it if it weren't for the fact that it randomly locks my screen and doesn't give me access to unlock it until I jump through a bunch of hoops. I will probably have to get it serviced, but I am holding off until I can buy another phone off ebay or something, so I won't be without a phone while ZTE fixes this.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bxh7835d said:
    I'd love it if it weren't for the fact that it randomly locks my screen and doesn't give me access to unlock it until I jump through a bunch of hoops. I will probably have to get it serviced, but I am holding off until I can buy another phone off ebay or something, so I won't be without a phone while ZTE fixes this.

Are you using an SD card or the Zedge app on your device? If so, try running without them and see if that helps.

• petekcmopetekcmo United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    I have had mine for TMobile and I live in Kansas City Missouri,and never had no problems or any issues at all, I'm looking for new one this year
  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    petekcmo said:
    I have had mine for TMobile and I live in Kansas City Missouri,and never had no problems or any issues at all, I'm looking for new one this year
    Good to hear that. I think you can look into Blade View Max and grab one during the Black Friday deal that ZTE has going now right now to save 30 bucks.