Based off Tweet ZTE Might Have Something for IFA 2018!

Comments

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Heres hoping it will be a new product.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah there was a different thread about this, rumors are it's the Axon 9 and 9 Pro:

https://pocketnow.com/zte-axon-9-ifa-2018

https://wccftech.com/zte-axon-9-axon-9-pro-trademarks/

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!! Here's hoping!! We need Axon9

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I saw that and got excited!

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2018 8:58AM

I saw this on twitter. It looks like we may be finally getting the 9 announcement we've been waiting for.
    https://m.gsmarena.com/zte_is_back_announce_axon

Edit: Sorry the link doesn't work. It showed a leaked invitation with a big ( 9 ) on it. So they assume it is the announcement of the Axon 9.
    :smiley:

@dnewman007 said:
    I saw this on twitter. It looks like we may be finally getting the 9 announcement we've been waiting for.

Edit: Sorry the link doesn't work. It showed a leaked invitation with a big ( 9 ) on it. So they assume it is the announcement of the Axon 9.

Nice find @dnewman007!

@dnewman007 said:

Yep, it does look like the 9 will be announced!

a little work could have been done on the wording

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@saeedted said:

@dnewman007 said:

Yep, it does look like the 9 will be announced!

a little work could have been done on the wording

Well, their social media person is a little rusty. A 3.5 month break will do that to ya.

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am very excited to see what they have to in store. But I have to admit that a lot will have to do with pricing and availability.
    The news that T-Mobile is going to have the OP 6t and it will include their mid-band frequencies, makes it tough. I would prefer the Axon 9 but being in Iowa, the additional bands are going to be important.

I will admit that if the Axon 9 line does not include Band 71 for T-Mobile it would be a deal breaker for me.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to see what ZTE has in store for us.

edited August 20, 2018 2:39PM

Looks like the Axon 9 announcement is Thursday Aug. 30th at 7:00 am PST. Hopefully we will get all the specs, release date and a price. Exciting times for ZTE and us.

@dnewman007 said:
    Looks like the Axon 9 announcement is Thursday Aug. 30th at 7:00 am PST. Hopefully we will get all the specs, release date and a price. Exciting times for ZTE and us!

5:00am my time. I'll have to get the news later I guess :'(

@hollap said:

@dnewman007 said:
    Looks like the Axon 9 announcement is Thursday Aug. 30th at 7:00 am PST. Hopefully we will get all the specs, release date and a price. Exciting times for ZTE and us!

Hopefully I got the time conversation right. It's 4pm Germany time. :wink:

edited August 20, 2018 6:23PM

@dnewman007 said:

@hollap said:

@dnewman007 said:

Hopefully I got the time conversation right. It's 4pm Germany time. :wink:

Ohhhh actually I think that's 9:00am my time...I may be able to watch depending on work. I converted your conversion wrong @dnewman007 !

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,111 mod

Fingers crossed 🤞 B)

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Price will certainly have to be very competitive since One Plus 6T is going to be available via a carrier here in the USA for the first time. Rumored stating price there is $550, and with a payment plan, that is going to be very enticing for a lot of people.

• runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see ZTE coming back ;)

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are looking for a strictly GSM phone it might be for you.

There is always that question now of future updates.

If ZTE comes thru with Oreo for the A7 it might calm the nerves for some folks enough to consider the A9

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@acatrus said:
    Suggestion to ZTE; have a trade in program to trade the 7 for the 9

And add the Axon M to that list too!

Nice find @engelsprite ! Love the blue color for sure!

• engelspriteengelsprite GermanyPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

You're welcome 😁 ✌️, but the Iceberg design looks much better imo and why removing the dual front facing speakers to go mainstream like everyone

• rasalonrasalon Customer Service/PC Technician United StatesPosts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018 9:57AM

I posted on a new thread that was locked because I didn't see this one sorry. It was a link to the same stuff but from GizmoChina. Basically the article has nothing new and even though it is in English, the invitation picture was in Chinese. That website has been accurate with things in the past. So I will paraphrase any specs they have confirmed. 6" Oled screen, Dual camera on the back, 2 versions with 2 different specs. Meaning non pro will be 64GB storage and 4GB ram and pro is 128GB with 6GB ram apparently. Other than confirming a current Snapdragon 845 with current Adreno graphics for games, and whatever version of MIFavor or whatever default skin ZTE is using now, the A9/A9P will come with a version of Oreo to start. The only other confirmation spec wise was the resolution being the new current standard that all the phones are using vs. the older resolution standard for phones the Axon 7 uses (I forgot the numbers sorry). I don't have the GizmoChina link in front of me but I am sure you can find my my locked post, locked by @Aerospaceman.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rasalon said:
    I posted on a new thread that was locked because I didn't see this one sorry. It was a link to the same stuff but from GizmoChina. Basically the article has nothing new and even though it is in English, the invitation picture was in Chinese. That website has been accurate with things in the past. So I will paraphrase any specs they have confirmed. 6" Oled screen, Dual camera on the back, 2 versions with 2 different specs. Meaning non pro will be 64GB storage and 4GB ram and pro is 128GB with 6GB ram apparently. Other than confirming a current Snapdragon 845 with current Adreno graphics for games, and whatever version of MIFavor or whatever default skin ZTE is using now, the A9/A9P will come with a version of Oreo to start. The only other confirmation spec wise was the resolution being the new current standard that all the phones are using vs. the older resolution standard for phones the Axon 7 uses (I forgot the numbers sorry). I don't have the GizmoChina link in front of me but I am sure you can find my my locked post, locked by @Aerospaceman.

Here's your link @rasalon :)

https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/08/20/zte-axon-9-launch-august-30/

I'm hoping that notch an be blacked out. After stretching my hand on an iPhone 8 Plus, I'm curious what a slim phone will feel like.

@engelsprite said:

@hollap said:

You're welcome 😁 ✌️, but the Iceberg design looks much better imo and why removing the dual front facing speakers to go mainstream like everyone

Yeah I was a fan of the Iceburg concept as well. Not sure what plans, if any, they may or may not have for that device, or if the leak was even credible for that matter.

• underthehillunderthehill Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

It also looks like it might be the first device released with 5G since all the marketing stuff so far says "Leading 5G Innovations". As far as carriers supporting 5G, that's a different matter.