Axon 9 Pro

2»

Comments

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is why I'm saying that. Do the same spec with LG Sony or Samsung on it, you have a phone that cost 1K.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 430 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

But it still has a notch. Not interested. Plus it's too expensive.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ram1220 said:

There were rumors of an Axon 9 Pro and a regular Axon 9. Did ZTE ever announce a regular lower spec'd Axon 9?

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,249 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@ram1220 said:

There were rumors of an Axon 9 Pro and a regular Axon 9. Did ZTE ever announce a regular lower spec'd Axon 9?

@hollap said:

@ram1220 said:

Not officially that I know of. Just the Axon 9 Pro.

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think the thing that gets me the most is the fact that the Axon 9 pro and the Poco F1 have the exact same screen design. Sure one is LCD and the other is OLED, but the Axon 9 is supposed to be a higher end device. Why couldn't they just make the notch and chin smaller? And for me, as a uni student I'd like to get the best bang for my buck and while certainly the Axon 9 pro has some pretty amazing features but most of it can be done on the Poco F1 which is literally half the price. Of course this might not be the case for others because I focus on speed, raw power, and battery of a device over things like asthetics and perks. Anyways that's my 2 cents

@14blank40 said:
    I think the thing that gets me the most is the fact that the Axon 9 pro and the Poco F1 have the exact same screen design. Sure one is LCD and the other is OLED, but the Axon 9 is supposed to be a higher end device. Why couldn't they just make the notch and chin smaller? And for me, as a uni student I'd like to get the best bang for my buck and while certainly the Axon 9 pro has some pretty amazing features but most of it can be done on the Poco F1 which is literally half the price. Of course this might not be the case for others because I focus on speed, raw power, and battery of a device over things like asthetics and perks. Anyways that's my 2 cents

I tend to be the same way. But I do know that the cost to add things like Wireless Charging and IP68 Water Protection is not cheap. Not sure of the camera comparisons either. Plastic body vs. glass on both sides. Not sure about the LTE Bands for each either. Pocophone and Axon 9 Pro are not really apples to apples comparison. But if you can find something that fits your needs for less cost that';s a good thing!

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@14blank40 said:

I tend to be the same way. But I do know that the cost to add things like Wireless Charging and IP68 Water Protection is not cheap. Not sure of the camera comparisons either. Plastic body vs. glass on both sides. Not sure about the LTE Bands for each either. Pocophone and Axon 9 Pro are not really apples to apples comparison. But if you can find something that fits your needs for less cost that';s a good thing!

Of course it's not perfectly apples to apples, but to me, things like glass back and wireless charging are either perks or part of an asthetics. It's not necessary imo. Ofc things like LTE bands and even water resistant are important though, that's very true

• underthehillunderthehill Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

@14blank40 said:

I would say check out the Nubia Z18 that was just announced, but like the Poco, it was only announced for release in China at the moment. Just like the Pro 9, it appears that it has a dual-nanoSIM tray, but no longer support microSD in the 2nd tray as a way to cut back on costs.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Android headlines posted what appears to be a Red One Plus 6T...3 cameras on the back..and a smaller notch up front. Any one have thoughts on that design? I think it looks better than the One Plus 6 if this is indeed the real design.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,249 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018 7:48AM

@jasonscarter said:
    Android headlines posted what appears to be a Red One Plus 6T...3 cameras on the back..and a smaller notch up front. Any one have thoughts on that design? I think it looks better than the One Plus 6 if this is indeed the real design.

Personally I don't mind a notch phone. I like the notch the OnePlus 6T is going to have much better than the bigger notches.Their cameras are getting pretty good at well. It looks like OnePlus is really coming into their own.

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If the 6T is going to be like the rumors claim, I will go with the 6T probably. Unless ZTE announce something for US/Canada...

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 687 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018 5:47PM

This comment looks somewhat promising for the chances of an Axon device being released in the US, at least they hope to.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,099 mod

It seems like a decent phone but a little too pricey for me and not available in the U. S. :/
    Hopefully both change soon.

@fzrrich said:
    It seems like a decent phone but a little too pricey for me and not available in the U. S. :/

The price has me concerned as well, especially if rumors of the 6T being in the $550 range. My next phone needs to have band 71 support as a requirement by me so the 6T, if being sold through T-Mobile is looking really intriguing. I like the look and specs for sure.

• js1701js1701 United StatesPosts: 136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@fzrrich said:

The price has me concerned as well, especially if rumors of the 6T being in the $550 range. My next phone needs to have band 71 support as a requirement by me so the 6T, if being sold through T-Mobile is looking really intriguing. I like the look and specs for sure.

I just got a the OP6 a couple months ago. Can't complain. I mean like every phone, it has its quirks but it is a good, solid device.

"quirks"
    -A physical slider switch to change from ring to vibe to silent. Unlike most devices, you can't change this from the notifications panel
    -Some issue with getting unread badge counts. I've heard if you use Nova Launcher (paid) it fixes this but why?

Other than that, I can't complain & use it as my daily driver.

• rasalonrasalon Atlanta, GA., USAPosts: 75 ✭✭✭✭✭

Supposedly the One+6t or whatever they will call it is coming in October. Other than possible pictures and box pictures, other than a One+ device actually being on a carrier T-Mobile, One plus did confirm a under the screen fingerprint scanner which you can use (and One+ has their own name for it) as well as their version of Face ID. If you look at the OPPO 9 Pro (or whatever the actual model number is, maybe F9 Pro?), just like the One+6 was based on the 7, the One+6t is based on the 9 assuming they call it the 6t. We'll see what ZTE brings to the USA when they do, but I doubt it will be like the Axon 9 Pro for some reason or a OPPO phone.

• aprilfoolaprilfool CanadaPosts: 50 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't get over my dislike for the notch, and any phone that has one. Also, they're calling this a 'budget' phone. Not likely.

The thrill is gone for me, far as the Axon is concerned. I had hoped the A9 would be like the A7, only a few evolutionary steps ahead.

But now yesterday, some relatives were over visiting. Both of them have iPhone 6 and 6s, and the one was playing some home recorded audio (acc guitar), and it just left my Axon 7's speakers far behind. I'm thinking maybe if I go back on contract or even if I don't, I'll think seriously about a 6 of my own. I don't know.

I had higher hopes for the Axon line, back in 2016.

But I guess I'm not saying much that hasn't already been said by others around here.

For sure tho, I'll move on to something else.

2»