**UPDATE: Blade Z MAX B25 Now Available**

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited StatesPosts: 1,252 admin
edited September 4, 2018 12:47PM in Blade Z MAX

If you are a proud owner of a Blade Z Max (Z982), ZTE USA is happy to announce an update to the device. Over the next 72 hours a rolling update will be going out to all active devices. This update will take you from your current Build(B20) to Build(B25). Features and functions of this update are listed below.

Release Notes:
*Google Security Patch Updated (August 2018)
*Call Quality Issues Resolved
*VoLTE Stabilized
*Updated E911
*Other Bug Fixes and Enhancements

Comments

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams United StatesPosts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 12:42PM

Good news! Happy to see updates on the older devices, they need love too! 💪🏾

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great news. BZM fans should be happy with an update. Nice Security patch as well.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! There are going to be a lot of BZM users happy to see this update.

• schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 181 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Such a quality update

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

glad to see Aug security fix.

• scv484scv484 USAPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got mine, now to see how it performs.... (as a side note, it stayed on the Metro PCS logo screen for a very long time during the reboot process)

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to tell ZTE a big thank you!!
    For still caring and supporting this device. ZTE comes out with this device that blows the consumer away. Good specs, large screen and now an update!!! GOOD going ZTE for having our backs!!! :)

• matt_zteFan62matt_zteFan62 United StatesPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes me glad that I did stay with my blade zmax and not go get a different phone. Knew that zte would do something!

• zeroturnzeroturn Ft.worthPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

@scv484 said:
    I got mine, now to see how it performs.... (as a side note, it stayed on the Metro PCS logo screen for a very long time during the reboot process)

• DrakenFXDrakenFX United StatesPosts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

nice to see new updates for the Blade Zmax yayyyyy,

edited September 4, 2018 8:44PM

Mine took a long time too. I was worried I had a problem. I switched to att a few months ago. I guess that metro pcs thing is there to stay. I can't tell if anything is different.

• runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great to see updates! :)

• BlueangelBlueangel Posts: 5 ✭✭✭✭✭

When will we see os update 8.0

Ok not happy with the update my phone is freezing up really bad I have plenty of memory so that's not the problem NOT HAPPY!!!

Downloading now and installing now.

@Blueangel said:
    Ok not happy with the update my phone is freezing up really bad I have plenty of memory so that's not the problem NOT HAPPY!!!

@Blueangel you don't by chance have the Zedge app on your device do you?

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see ZTE being active again. I hope we get the Oreo update for the A7.

• coolbud86coolbud86 FLPosts: 62 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man I tell ya when we get updates its like christmas we waited a long time for it to come and when it arrived we had Joy Jubilation for that brief time but then like that the excitement is gone till we get the next one.
    we saw Samsung give the galaxy J7 2015 the 7.1 update so will ZTE do the same for the blade with 8.1 or 9.0 OS
    or the second phone to Blade to come out . But really nice to see ZTE

• coolbud86coolbud86 FLPosts: 62 ✭✭✭✭✭

back and hopefully more free giveaways soon

• algarblandomalgarblandom United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I installed yesterday the last update (B25) and since then I get many apps force closing when I try to open them (Gmail, radio apps...). Anyone else having the same problem? A Because right now I cannot access my email! I don't want to do a factory reset of my phone because of a bug!

I couldn't do anything with my blade zmax till I installed an SD card to expandible memory. I got the 64g card cause i didn't want to spend 70 bucks on a good 120 but it made a different phone out of it. My fm radio wouldn't even work the day I walked out of metro pcs with it.

• JayRod86JayRod86 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

My blade z Max is working fine after the update no difference through

@hollap said:

@Blueangel said:

@Blueangel you don't by chance have the Zedge app on your device do you?

I don't have the Zedge app

edited September 6, 2018 10:39PM

My phone freezes way to much

@hollap no I don't

• angelpangelp United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is zte going to release another update soon, the update made the device heat up faster and the battery life went down severely, ram optimization is also worse😔

edited September 9, 2018 10:55PM

Yeah I think I'm putting mine on the charger about 3 times a day. I never did get any real time out of a full charge with this phone. They sure make a big deal about what a big battery it has but this ****** uses the hell out of it.

• SharonbSharonb United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

Anybody know how to uninstall the latest ZTE blade zmax update? It totally messed up my phone. I can't hear any incoming calls.

Anyone having issues, unfortunately for all OEM's when there are issues after an update a factory reset many times fixes things. I'm not telling you to, but it has fixed issues in the past after updates have been released for multiple OEM devices. Just a suggestion.

My battery life on this device has been the best of any device I own.

• matt_zteFan62matt_zteFan62 United StatesPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to say, I just reset my blade and it work wonderful! Thanks for the tip!