The next Axon for the US. Check list

mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams United StatesPosts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So posted up a video on my YouTube channel with all the things I wanted ZTE to do if they do bring another Axon to the US. My checklist is simple, and what most people might want. But if you had a choice to design the next Axon for the US market. What specs would you have? Add to my list or create your own list...

6 to 6.3 inch screen OLED Quad HD+ (19:9 ratio)
4000 to 5000mAh battery
6 to 8GB RAM
At least 128GB memory
SD Card Slot
Fast Charging 3.0
Dual Speakers simular to the Axon 7
Snapdragon 845
Stock Android, with NO skin at all
Headphone jack
Type C 3.1 version
Metal Body, (because I do not use wireless charging)

Comments

• hectorbribiescahectorbribiesca Posts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make it a Android One Device
    Please!!! Please!!!! Don't make it look like a iPhone Clone

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Android one would be nice...or make the Axon 9 Mini be a Android One device. I do like wireless charging.

Fast Charging 4.0 is out now right?

• underthehillunderthehill Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget about IP67/68 waterproof rating. Also dual front cameras with flash, one for 4:3, other for widescreen, such as the Vivo Blu X. I've personally used this and it's super handy to capture everyone in a selfie.

4000mAh battery should be fine, a 5000mAh might be too big, plus if a future version is 5G compliant, they will need to add additional hardware and cooling to support it. Some of the upcoming 5G devices shown so far are thicker to take into account the additional hardware and cooling required, so having that plus a 5000mAh battery could make it a very thick device.

Razer's Phone display does 120Hz for gaming, but that might be overkill and battery killer.

• diamonddavediamonddave Upstate NYPosts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the the camera is crap, I'm out.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@diamonddave said:
    If the the camera is crap, I'm out.

I second that. A great camera is a MUST for me.

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasonscarter said:
    Android one would be nice...or make the Axon 9 Mini be a Android One device. I do like wireless charging.

Fast Charging 4.0 is out now right?

It's been out since the Razer phone. OEMs have been slow to adopt it for some reason.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My specs would be the following:

6 inch or similar screen with new ratio (tall)
    minimum 400mAh battery
    6 GB RAM
    128 GB Memory
    Fast Charging 3.0 or 4.0
    Dual FRONT speakers similar to Alcatel Idol
    SD 855 (since we won't see a US model for a bit)
    Android stock Pie
    IP68 water protection
    Widevine certification
    Wide angle camera lenses on front and back
    underscreen FPS

To keep price down, water protection easier, and because I don't need this:
    No headphone jack (all my headsets are Bluetooth)
    No SD card slot (128GB memory and cloud are enough for me)
    No wireless charging (could care less about wireless charging)

• diamonddavediamonddave Upstate NYPosts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those that follow me know: if the camera is meh, then so us my interest. The NEW Axon must be like the P20 Pro on all levels. Give me a P20 Pro clone with stereo speakers and Dolby Atmos, I'll sell my P20 Pro, which is the best phone I've ever owned. The Note 9 I'm using on Sprint is nice too. It just runs really warm. Takes decent pics, but not at the level of the Huawei. Bring your best ZTE or just stay home.

• rasalonrasalon Customer Service/PC Technician United StatesPosts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My Axon Checklist for the US would be the same as what the 9 Pro is. It is basically ZTE's version of a Samsung GS9. Minus ZTE's implementation of Android which I hope is better than what was on the 7, it has all the modern features. We'll see how good the new dual camera's are (depending on who makes them), but it is IPS certified, has Wireless charging, current screen size and aspect ratio, a real fingerprint scanner on the back vs. under the screen (which is still in early stages of development), it has more ram like most modern flagships and more HDD space. Like the GS9 still has a Micro SD slot and/or dual sim slot. Still has dual speakers even though not front facing like the Axon 7 did. Software is on current 8.1 with 9 on the way. No idea if the A9Pro is using project Treble or just ZTE updates when they have them. We'll just wait and see. Apple has their phones for 2018/19 tomorrow and like I said in another Thread, 1+6t is coming up as well as new phones by Huawei and others before the holiday season. Then nothing until the CES and MWC Next year. I can't wait to see what ZTE actually brings to the US and when they actually plan to upgrade the A7 to Oreo at least.