ZTE.....Axon & & users are still eagerly waiting for Oreo Update.

teji007teji007 DrIndiaPosts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭

Respected ZTE, We Axon 7 users ( Who didnt Rooted their Phone) are still waiting for Oreo update from last 8 months. Even Low specs Phones got Oreo updates.We trust you ZTE. ATleast now you should stop waiting till your device launch with oreo and release the Oreo for long awaited users.

Please its been long enough.

Regards,
Axon 7 Users

Comments

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

At this day I'm not expecting it, not anymore. If it comes, I will be happy. If not, just too bad, I will pass to another phone in a few months

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a particular reason why you want the Oreo update so much? Features you want or something? I for one don't care about Oreo, but I would like just the security updates to be up to date. Just wondering.

• teji007teji007 Dr IndiaPosts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭

No doubt this phone still works well, except some problems , but everyone wants latest updates either its security wise or GUI wise. EVerybody wants some change

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

9.0 is the newest version....so even if you get 8.0...you are still behind. Would have been nice to have gotten it earlier in the year before 9.0 shipped...but since that didn't happen, I could care less. Just release some security patches and bug fixes and I will be happy. My Axon 7 is no longer my main phone anyway. It's over 2 years old and I kind of expect support software wise to be going away at this point.

• rasalonrasalon Customer Service/PC Technician United StatesPosts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2018 3:55PM

Until the issues with the USA, Ban etc. ZTE was great with software support and listening to it's US customers. still will get Oreo 8.1 or 8.0 but that would be the last update for the 2 year old A7 as a replacement that would get 9.0 Pie would be out. Of course the ban happened and all hell happened. From what I understand, a Oreo update to the A7 is still planed as promised now that the beta testing is over with, and some Axon version of the 9 may head the US now that the ban is over. All we can do is wait for official announcement. I doubt ZTE will break their promises. However now that the ban is lifted and ZTE is doing their Penance as ordered by the US Government to do any US business either sales or purchasing despite any tariffs, we'll see what happens. I have no idea if ZTE closed; and if they did, reopened their US offices in Texas during all this, or what development they are doing now that they can.

All I can say is, I have friends who have many different android phones as Iphones do their own thing. Maybe being unlocked had something to do with it, but except for the Google Pixel phones and previous Google phones where Updates were immediate, ZTE was really good with the updates compare to other phone makers (flagship or not (even other unlocked ones). from 6.x to 7, to 7.1 to security (google Monthly Bulletins (even though we didn't get the updates monthly)), bug fixes, and feature requests or default skin/launcher changes/features from us here in the USA.

No doubt ZTE is far better in updates than other flagship owned companies, And i think ZTE still will update Axon 7 to 8.0 . But actual problem is that there has been no official statement from ZTE about updates and all.
    Atleast customer should have notified. ZTE should release the Beta update to Axon 7 users.

That will make users HAPPY.
    How many here are still waiting for Axon 7 UPDATE?

DO quote your names .

Thanks.

• rasalonrasalon Customer Service/PC Technician United StatesPosts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2018 1:23AM

@teji007 They did give a beta version here and you could have applied earlier in the year before the ban and was supposedly (even though not officially announced) going to bring us the Oreo final sometime in April. Apparently do to NDA, not much can be said but their has been some reddit posts. Other than rumors, interviews and shared individual posts here, and one blanketed statement, you are right. ZTE has not said much here, but again, keep in mind they are still recovering from the ban. All we can do in the USA and North America in general is hope and wait I think, unless a moderator or somebody here knows something more solid and would like to share.

• Harish_SridharanHarish_Sridharan DuPont WA Posts: 47 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just disappointed that ZTE is moving in the wrong direction for their axon 9 pro and for their old phones not being updated

Hmm we all know that ZTE is onto update Axon 7 but they should give us an avergae timeline for the release of it...Atleast.
    Thats all we are asking for.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@teji007 said:
    Hmm we all know that ZTE is onto update Axon 7 but they should give us an avergae timeline for the release of it...Atleast.
    Thats all we are asking for.

It is hard for a manufacturer to give a timeline or even a estimate since software development takes time. There are countless instances where a manufacturer promise an update and ended up delaying it or pushing an update out and ended up being filled with bugs. Both cases, it ended up bad publicity and tons of complains and backlashes.

While it can be frustration that there is no news about when the Oreo update will come to Axon, I am just glad that at least ZTE is still working on it so that the 2 years old device can still enjoy new software and features on Oreo. I think we just got to be a bit more patience and hoping that we can enjoy the sweet taste of oreo soon.:)

edited September 17, 2018 3:11PM

Edited - sshasan

wE ALL LOVE ZTE, ALL WE WANT TO KNOW IS AN AVERAGE TIMELNE

I know people can get passionate about their devices and OS updates, but don't call people names, that is uncalled for.

@jasonscarter Sorry for that...I Didnt mean that.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The ONLY known reason that I want Oreo on my Axon 7 Premium is to see if it fixes the problem where the MetaData doesn't display via Bluetooth. I have suffered with no music name/artist on my car's this whole time and it really annoys me. I can be listening to discovery on Spotify and a song will come on that I like. I have to pick up and unlock the phone to find out what it is. So for safety's sake, I don't do it. Supposedly the problem was an Android issue. So I'm hoping the Oreo upgrade will address it.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    @Harish_Sridharan Not all markets are the same... The Axon 9 Pro is not being released in the US.

As for updates on the Axon 7... ZTE was in the process of releasing Oreo before the whole ordeal and is still committed to making that a reality.

@sshasan, Thank you for the input. It's nice to know ZTE is committed to bring Oreo to the Axon 7.

• jazzijazzi Posts: 161 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not concerned about Oreo unless of course its two dark brown cookies sandwiching a sweet white filling :p.

As some have mentioned, security updates are more important at the moment. Android Nougat will still be relevant for a while - some people are still happily using Lollipop. However without updates, a rogue script from a dodgy website, a infected app or virus from another source can lead to major problems.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2018 8:23PM

I like how ZTE was lucky to get unbanned then continues to show that they don't give a **** either way. It's kind of funny actually lol. Will never buy another ZTE device and hopefully can get something better soon. So sick of the piss poor connectivity and hand-off on this thing. Why oh why would you chince on the antenna's? lol I drove from one state to another so obviously switched towers. I was literally next to a tower. Could see it hundreds of feet away. And the phone says I have no connection while it says i have lte with full service lol. what a joke

@jazzi said:
    I am not concerned about Oreo unless of course its two dark brown cookies sandwiching a sweet white filling :p.

As some have mentioned, security updates are more important at the moment. Android Nougat will still be relevant for a while - some people are still happily using Lollipop. However without updates, a rogue script from a dodgy website, a infected app or virus from another source can lead to major problems.

Double stuffed...always and forever.