No unread badge on icons?

sugarqfxsugarqfx CanadaPosts: 5 ✭✭

Is it me or the default zte axon m launcher doesnt support unread notification badges on icons?

Answers

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm no expert, and others can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe badge counts were officially supported until Oreo was released, and the M doesn't have Oreo. Most people that want the badge counts to work end up installing Nova Launcher if they want to use badge counts, but you do need the paid version for this to work for Nova.

• sugarqfxsugarqfx CanadaPosts: 5 ✭✭

Interesting, i guess cause i have been using a samsung phone for the longest time, badges are integrated to their ui launcher. Never knew that android never supported badges.

• sugarqfxsugarqfx CanadaPosts: 5 ✭✭

So recently i was reading a couple of forums, and apparently, zte axon m did have unread badge notifications, but there was a security update that was released and after that the notifications badges went away. Which bring me to the fact, that i knew that there was notificatio. Badges before, right just after I did the update on the phone, i thought it was just me. But yes from time to time i have seen badges on messaging app and facebook. But its very inconsistent.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sugarqfx said:
    So recently i was reading a couple of forums, and apparently, zte axon m did have unread badge notifications, but there was a security update that was released and after that the notifications badges went away. Which bring me to the fact, that i knew that there was notificatio. Badges before, right just after I did the update on the phone, i thought it was just me. But yes from time to time i have seen badges on messaging app and facebook. But its very inconsistent.

Yeah I couldn't remember if the M could do them or not. You can always try installing Nova Launcher like I mentioned.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX United StatesPosts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sugarqfx
    On Nougat (7.1.2) there no notification badge by default like Oreo have, but Nova and several other Launchers have them and luck for Rootless Pixel Launcher which is the best launcher with minimal to non bug/issues with a the Axon M.