Transferring texts, contacts, photos from one Axon 7 to another

kimkim Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
Forgive me for not being tech savvy. My Axon 7 now has a very short battery life so I am going to use what was my husband's. How do I transfer all my texts, contacts and photos from one to another? I thought I was transferring the data by holding the phones back to back, but it only transferred my Gmail and email accounts. Any help would be profoundly appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you have your contacts saved to your google account, then those are transferred automatically when you sign into the account.

For transferring other items, I recommend using the weshare app (which is ZTE's backup utility). it will backup your apps, gallery, contacts (uncheck if you save your contacts to your google account), SMS and MMS messages, calendar entries (uncheck that if you use google calendar), call history, system settings, alarms, saved WiFi networks, and wallpapers.

The app can also wirelessly transfer all of that data directly to another ZTE device running the weshare app.

• kimkim Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you so very much, razor!!!! I appreciate your time!

Razor, could you please tell me how to get to the weshare app? Thank you!

edited September 24, 2018 9:14AM

It will be in the app drawer,simply scroll to the bottom of the list with a green icon that has a white paper airplane like shape in the middle.

Thank you much again!!

All photos, contacts, apps were supposedly transferred. Photos and contacts are ok, but apps did not transfer. Weshare says it's installing APK file but it's been stuck on that all night. None of the apps that didn't come preloaded transferred. I guess it's a storage probem somehow, but I'm only transferring what was on one phone to the other. Nothing extra. Any suggestions would be a life saver because I'm ready to pull my hair out! Thank you!

Is it getting stuck on a specific app, or is it freezing on the first app it tries to move?

It's not the first app, but not too far down. It stopped at the same app when I transferred the other day. Maybe I should take that one out of the transfer and try it separately?

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You do not necessary need to transfer app from one phone to another. Some apps saves the data in the cloud so you could just download it from the playstore and then once you signed into your account to access the data. I would say, the first thing is check which apps you have have the data saved in the cloud and you could just download these apps and then just use Weshare to transfer those that do not have data saved in the cloud.

Ahhh, thank you! I will try that. Thanks for your patience!

Brilliant! I should have thought of that! I think I have it now. Thanks razor and samsamha!

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,775 admin

Nice teamwork from @samsamha & @razor512 . Glad they could help you out @kim.

Yes, me too! I was at wit's end! Thank you again!

Hello, it's me again with one more question. On my old Axon 7, on the main screen, I had badges for the number of missed calls and unread texts. I searched this site and looked at all the settings on the phone, but can't find the badge option. Is it buried somewhere? Thank you in advance!

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

the badge will only work if you use the native MiFlavor launcher (or else you have to use third party launcher with such feature). Assuming you are using the default launcher, then just go under setting and search for notification to enable it.
    https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/14122/notification-badges

Ok, thank you. I did see the post you referenced. I am using the MiFavor launcher and had the notification enabled. I will check it again and hope for the best! Thank you!