New ZTE FCC approvals!!!!

hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,224 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• troy5890troy5890 Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks interesting, but i'm betting their devices for the Blade series.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, after not getting any Axon love I was wondering if they were gonna release anything for us here in the states. Glad ZTE hasn't written the US off and hope to see them bringing some more devices over.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Now this is looking more and more interesting!!!!

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 mod

things starting to getting exciting again

• runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see device coming :)

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,224 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Based on the bands that have been approved it looks like the top one may be destined for MetroPCS and the bottom for Boost, but you never know. I do like that band 71 is included in the top one though, showing ZTE is planning for the new 600mHz frequency from T-Mobile.

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Might be Nubia maybe? We know they are around the corner

• ladytalintaladytalinta United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Excited to be part of this community! Can’t wait to see what’s coming next!

• rasalonrasalon Atlanta, GA., USAPosts: 94 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2018 5:27PM

No specs listed anywhere. Maybe if we can figure out the closest released ZTE phone with a similar Z model number, maybe we can figure out what this is? The only thing I have found close is this. For the 559 I have found a 557: https://www.zteusa.com/zfive-g
    For the Z641, I have not found a phone that is close model wise, but I did find a HotSpot. So maybe they are using a generic picture of a phone for a new hotspot?

Only time will tell. Then again one of these could be a unlocked blade device, a new Max device or even a new Axon for the US. All we can do is wait and see.

By the way, the filing doesn't mention any NFC capabilities so even though no specs are mentioned, if the phone had NFC, it would be listed I assume and I doubt ZTE would make a high end device ala a Axon device without NFC in it. You can draw your own conclusions.

This is the page I would keep on for updates. Besides other phones that have gotten FCC approval as of late, the two ZTE phones discussed here are listed and once released like other phones on this site, the link to the FCC ID will turn to Specs once the phone is available.
    https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/new.php?enc_bug=comp&m=f

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:
    Based on the bands that have been approved it looks like the top one may be destined for MetroPCS and the bottom for Boost, but you never know. I do like that band 71 is included in the top one though, showing ZTE is planning for the new 600mHz frequency from T-Mobile.

Nice find @hollap! I was thinking the same thing about carriers. I can't wait to see what ZTE has in store for us.

What I do find interesting, after all ZTE went through, is the resurection. Axon9 Pro went live, maybe not for us, but many agree it was in the top 10 device of IFA 2018. ZTE Community from Twitter started posting again. Even @sshasan came back from the dead lately. And now we have 2 new device incoming.

I really hope Axon9 is coming here, with a more agressive price point, or something similar.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,483 admin

@acatrus - Alive and well... Thanks for asking! :)

• rasalonrasalon Atlanta, GA., USAPosts: 94 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan Glad to hear it. Our question is, where have you been all this time? Anything new you want to share with us that you can? Some A9 news, some Oreo on the A7/A7 Mini news? Anything?

@jasonscarter said:
    Better communication with the community is very much needed right now. Time to start repairing those broken relationships that happened over the summer months. If any of us long time ZTE users can assist, reach out to us, some of us would really love to see ZTE heading back towards a USA market leader.

Right on @jasonscarter !

I too would really much like to stay in the ZTE train, with an Axon9 (or whatever US/Canada get). We all know if was a pain for everyone, employee and customer. Many of us still use our Axon7, but some of the confidence has been lost. Better communication is the key

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasonscarter said:
    Better communication with the community is very much needed right now. Time to start repairing those broken relationships that happened over the summer months. If any of us long time ZTE users can assist, reach out to us, some of us would really love to see ZTE heading back towards a USA market leader.

Well said @jasonscarter!

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams United StatesPosts: 442 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This has got to be something good, as it has all the bands for my carrier 😂😂😂. All jokes aside, I’m hopeful that it’s at least fast and up to date on the software. 💪🏾

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering how you can determine if a device it going to have dual sim support from the FCC posting? I have to carry a personal and work sim now (or go to two phones) and am shopping around for what might be coming out.

Another new ZTE device passes through the FCC:

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing new on the beta test front though. Hopefully soon.

@wiseman13 said:
    Nothing new on the beta test front though. Hopefully soon.

Haven't heard a peep :) The fact that they have a contest going though should tell us something :)

Interesting pic. Not sure what Band 28 is for, I can't find a North American carrier that uses it.

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2018 10:50AM

@hollap said:
    Interesting pic. Not sure what Band 28 is for, I can't find a North American carrier that uses it.

B28 isn't used in the US. It is in the same 700MHz space as B12 and B17. From what I can tell it is only used Australia, New Zealand, France, Japan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, & Taiwan.