New Wear OS update

soonertoadsoonertoad OklahomaPosts: 35 ✭✭✭✭✭

I installed the update, but I can't tell any difference. Has any one else updated?

Comments

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What is the os version number now?

• soonertoadsoonertoad OklahomaPosts: 35 ✭✭✭✭✭

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

the WearOS on the watch has just been updated to the latest version. Google has brought some new UI changes (much welcomed in my opinion) where you now have slightly larger font, swipe left brings google now, swipe right brings google fit, swipe up brings greater control over notification (where you can tap on the notification to see more info), and swipe down brings new quick setting menu. Overall, I really enjoy the new update.

• Mikester619Mikester619 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

I just received my new Wear OS update today Oct. 1 at 11:30am pacific time. Awesome UI. Bigger and brighter fonts. Very dark rich color, very smooth UI.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just got the update. I am syked that I can now put the watch on battery saver mode when I want and I can swipe right to my Google Feed :)

• Mikester619Mikester619 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018 3:18AM

Has anyone using the Pandora app. I can't close the Pandora app. When you swipe down your get the control buttons like turn off sound, adjust screen, airplane mode and a couple more setting. Then you see the Pandora app on pause. Waiting for you to turn on the music. How can we close or kill the Pandora app.. Please help. I don't want to Force close the app.

@Mikester619 said:
    Has anyone using the Pandora app. I can't close the Pandora app. When you swipe down your get the control buttons like turn off sound, adjust screen, airplane mode and a couple more setting. Then you see the Pandora app on pause. Waiting for you to turn on the music. How can we close or kill the Pandora app.. Please help. I don't want to Force close the app.

If you still have the app open on your phone, the media control will stay there. In order to close it from the watch, you would have to close the Pandora app on the phone, then the control will disappear from the watch.

• fastordiyfastordiy United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I got the update , then i tried doing a factory reset. And i lost my update and returned to version 2.0.0.16. I thought android keeps system updates and it was possible to factory reset after a OS upgrade.

@fastordiy said:
    I got the update , then i tried doing a factory reset. And i lost my update and returned to version 2.0.0.16. I thought android keeps system updates and it was possible to factory reset after a OS upgrade.

Google has made the WearOS more ore less like a launcher now where it is separate from the platform update. This is why that the update can be pushed to even older devices and across devices from various manufacturers. If you factory rest, the watch will automatically download the latest wearos (sometimes it may not be immedidately but if you open the play store, you will see WearOS shows up there that you can download).