** SOFTWARE UPDATE Android Oreo (SD Card Only)** ** Axon 7 A2017U now on Android Oreo B20 **

Comments

• chavochavo D/FWPosts: 85 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a warning to all who are considering this update....don't just walk away...run.
    Its a real shame that we have waited around for this craptastic release. Corrupted a great Sansdisk SD card i paid a good deal of money for and has given me several years of great service. TERRIBLE battery life. Poor functionality, Spent at least two hours in my local bank,because SUDDENLY my bank app has been compromised and people are trying to hack into my account, .....sad..... should've known when it wasn't an OTA download like all REPUTABLE phone companies release to consumers....The Axon 7 will be the last ZTE product that i ever spend a dime on
  • klevklev Posts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chavo said:
    Just a warning to all who are considering this update....don't just walk away...run.
    Its a real shame that we have waited around for this craptastic release. Corrupted a great Sansdisk SD card i paid a good deal of money for and has given me several years of great service. TERRIBLE battery life. Poor functionality, Spent at least two hours in my local bank,because SUDDENLY my bank app has been compromised and people are trying to hack into my account, .....sad..... should've known when it wasn't an OTA download like all REPUTABLE phone companies release to consumers....The Axon 7 will be the last ZTE product that i ever spend a dime on
    sad to hear that the update caused you issues, but that doesnt mean its bad. Ive had no issues at all. 
  • wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also not sure not having any issues after 10 days or so on Oreo. Since the official doenldow is not up on the ZTE site I would not get the file from a mirror as it might have been tampered with. Let @Aerospaceman and @sshasan figure out what is up with support before you update.
  • KyPhi2KyPhi2 Antigua Posts: 8 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are on screen navigation keys now available I've been looking high and low for them in the settings. What peaked my interest is when i saw an option about navigation lights. Can someone enlighten me?
  • speed220speed220 Posts: 4 ✭✭✭✭
    Did the update and everything seems to be working except my SMS.  I can received texts but can not send out.  Using the stock Google Messenger.  Anyone else has this issue and is there a fix?
  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    speed220 said:
    Did the update and everything seems to be working except my SMS.  I can received texts but can not send out.  Using the stock Google Messenger.  Anyone else has this issue and is there a fix?
    Can you send texts with the stock ZTE messenger app?
  • razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    speed220 said:
    Also be sure to include which carrier you are using.

hollap said:
    speed220 said:
    Can you send texts with the stock ZTE messenger app?
    Nope can not send SMS with the ZTE messenger app either
    razor512 said:
    speed220 said:
    I am on Telus in Canada.  SMS was working before I did the Oreo B20 SD card update
  • samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @speed220, Have you double check the APN setting? Is this with the sim in the first or the second slot? Have you tried to reset network setting to see if that resolved the issue? 
  • rurbahnsrurbahns United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    chavo said:

I've installed B20 without any issues. Installed all my apps, including Tasker and they work without issue. Did  you choose to set it up as a new user? 

Also, on your sdcard try using the sdcard formatter from sdcard.org to reformat the card from your PC (choose FAT filesystem). See if that restores it to working condition. Once formatted you might try downloading a new copy of B20 and install it again.
  • sirhc.csirhc.c Prince Rupert, BCPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭
    speed220 said:
    razor512 said:
    speed220 said:
    I am on Telus in Canada.  SMS was working before I did the Oreo B20 SD card update
    I was having the same issue, I’m also with Telus. Your “SMS Center” number is incorrect in your messaging settings.
    Enter into Messaging, into settings, then “more”, you will see under “text” sms center and a phone number. This number for Telus is 16475800172, if it shows anything else you can’t send. Change it, reboot and you will be good to go. 👍
    samsamha said:
    @speed220, Have you double check the APN setting? Is this with the sim in the first or the second slot? Have you tried to reset network setting to see if that resolved the issue? 
    Yes I have checked the APN and it is correct and I did a reset.  My SIM is in the first card slot. Any suggestions or should I go back to B35 Nougat
  • jtmackjtmack Posts: 59 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2018 8:00PM
    Here's another couple of issues. The Messaging app while very fast sending texts, absolutely BLOWS sending pics, allowing you to send only 1 or 2 at a time, and has no previews of hyperlinks. Google's Messages app allows you up to 10 pics at once. I highly recommend installing this app. Also, the volume control no longer allows you to keep notifications volume on when the ringer is muted. What on earth are these developers thinking is beyond me. I'm sure there are other screw-ups yet to be discovered. Stay tuned...
  • aganaraganar IndonesiaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭
    My rom a2017u Oreo b12, how to install  b20 via twrp nfound??
  • benny13benny13 CaliforniaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭
    I just found an issue with my phone not showing a callers information on the screen when I get a call. It wont wake up when receiving calls. If I reboot it will work for a while and once again not show calls. Im using true phone as a caller app. Anyone else getting this issue?
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,920 admin
    @benny13 You may want to try turning off battery optimization for that app. 

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this phone and have had no issues with Oreo. But I just can't handle the battery degradation. 
  • benny13benny13 CaliforniaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭
    sshasan said:
    @benny13 You may want to try turning off battery optimization for that app. 

Thank you sshasan, it did have some power saving options in in the battery manager. I hope this fixes the issue.
  • Ron999Ron999 aPosts: 3 ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2018 9:37PM
    ZTE B20 or LOS 15.1 or just stay with stock Nougat b32?
    (My only reason even considering updating is Camera2 API.)
  • jazzijazzi Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    KyPhi2 said:
    Are on screen navigation keys now available I've been looking high and low for them in the settings. What peaked my interest is when i saw an option about navigation lights. Can someone enlighten me?
    Good day all.  I would be grateful if the above question was answered.

Cheers
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,920 admin
    jazzi said:
    KyPhi2 said:
    Good day all.  I would be grateful if the above question was answered.

Cheers
    On-screen navigation keys have not been added.
  • maverickmaverick NJPosts: 423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so since updating i thought connectivity was ok or improved. its actually worse. i have zero service at home now and wifi calling rarely works lol. tried rebooting, clearing cache partition... data off and on... hmm
  • ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maverick said:
    ok so since updating i thought connectivity was ok or improved. its actually worse. i have zero service at home now and wifi calling rarely works lol. tried rebooting, clearing cache partition... data off and on... hmm

I'm still on Nougat and I can't get wifi calling to work anymore. It used to work after playing with the phone and changing settings for about 10 or 15 minutes. But it just will not work anymore. My cell signal at home has also tanked the past few months. I'm on Mint which is an MVNO of T-Mobile. If I put my sim card in other phones I don't have an issue. Only in the A7 does the signal suck. Oreo or Nougat I guess the signal is horrible with this phone.
  • klevklev Posts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we install Google phone now?
    aganar said:
    My rom a2017u Oreo b12, how to install  b20 via twrp nfound??
    You need to post in the developers forum, or otherwise try to get help from XDA for modded devices. Thanks!
    ram1220 said:
    maverick said:

I'm still on Nougat and I can't get wifi calling to work anymore. It used to work after playing with the phone and changing settings for about 10 or 15 minutes. But it just will not work anymore. My cell signal at home has also tanked the past few months. I'm on Mint which is an MVNO of T-Mobile. If I put my sim card in other phones I don't have an issue. Only in the A7 does the signal suck. Oreo or Nougat I guess the signal is horrible with this phone.

@ram1220, if you get a chance, next time you are at home, can you post a screen shot of your signal strength (settings->system->about phone->status->SIM Status->Signal Strength) in the A7, and then again in another phone that you are using? It would be helpful to see how many dBm the signal strength is off. 
  • jazzijazzi Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks sshasan.
    sshasan said:
    On-screen navigation keys have not been added.

maverick said:
    @maverick, how strong was your signal at home when you were running nougat?