** SOFTWARE UPDATE Android Oreo (SD Card Only)** ** Axon 7 A2017U now on Android Oreo B20 **

Comments

• cablemancableman NortheastPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont factory reset much! So by deleting your Google account, does this clear what you have saved if you log back in after? Like websites and google passwords and what not?

• GeeknLonelyGeeknLonely ChilePosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cableman said:
    I dont factory reset much! So by deleting your Google account, does this clear what you have saved if you log back in after? Like websites and google passwords and what not?

Even if you don't delete your account, everything from it should be ok, I didn't deleted my account for the update and didn't lost anything
  • maverickmaverick NJPosts: 410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018 11:30AM
    more and more pointing to wha ta turd this thing is... now my phone is stuck on wifi and says lte... what the hell is lte on for? cant find out b/c theres no way of knowing. is it an MMS coming in that'll never download? who knows... surprised i have lte since the connectivity got way worse after upate... add to the frustration

edit: I think i just figured it out.... it said i have lte and was stuck on while zero connectivity was present
  • ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 440 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maverick said:
    more and more pointing to wha ta turd this thing is... now my phone is stuck on wifi and says lte... what the hell is lte on for? cant find out b/c theres no way of knowing. is it an MMS coming in that'll never download? who knows... surprised i have lte since the connectivity got way worse after upate... add to the frustration

edit: I think i just figured it out.... it said i have lte and was stuck on while zero connectivity was present

I get the same thing from time to time. Usually if I am sending or receiving a multi recipient text. After weeks and weeks of trying I finally got wifi calling to work on my A7 again last night. Yesterday I had 3 different people tell me they could not get a hold of me via calls or texts. It took almost an hour of flipping settings and rebooting my phone but I finally got wifi calling to work. Now I am afraid to even leave my apartment with my phone. I might never get wifi calling to work again. The reception on this A7 is a joke.
  • GeeknLonelyGeeknLonely ChilePosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018 2:25PM
    Apparently the update is a hit and miss. I don't have any issues, and the phone is working better then before. I don't think it's important but I have the 64gb (Gold) version.
    ram1220 said:
    maverick said:

I get the same thing from time to time. Usually if I am sending or receiving a multi recipient text. After weeks and weeks of trying I finally got wifi calling to work on my A7 again last night. Yesterday I had 3 different people tell me they could not get a hold of me via calls or texts. It took almost an hour of flipping settings and rebooting my phone but I finally got wifi calling to work. Now I am afraid to even leave my apartment with my phone. I might never get wifi calling to work again. The reception on this A7 is a joke.
    Yeah, not sure why the reception is horrid or why theres constant problems with it. I wasnt in a group text or receiving picture messages or anything. Just stuck on both. good battery drain lol. When i left and was in a more tmo saturated area nothing came through so i really have no clue why lte was on if my wifi signal was 100%.... oh and wifi calling? haven that working for a long time
  • stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 791 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if anyone had the problem with Bluetooth under Nougat where the Metadata would not display on car's A/V system.   If so, has this been fixed under Oreo?
  • wade13xwade13x MassachusettsPosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November 11, 2018 8:13AM
    Can you still enable wifi hot spot without paying your carrier. This is huge for me with Android 7.1. I have cricket btw. If someone with cricket and the android 8 update can test they are able to enable hotspot without paying. That would be awesome.
  • wileyworldwileyworld Posts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm awaiting the next update, so that I don't lose daydream and smooth operation of 7.1 nougat, just for some incremental OS updates & marginally recent security patches. Here's for hoping we don't have to settle for the current, crippled Oreo- that would be crummy! (could Nabisco sue for defective cookie?! ...Diminished value?) 
    I love the hardware (curved-edge oled, no silly notch!, speakers/Atmos, Daydream, great aluminum body- rounded, small bezel), QC 3.0, USB-C, headphone jack. 
    I also love the nougat software- complete, & solid performance.
    Please, ZTE, show that you still value your customer base- doing us right on this (solid 8.1?) will surely keep many of us looking to your next premium device with confidence that we can purchase without risk of it being an orphan. Build from your current fans who've already put their money up to invest trust in you.
    We really want to continue loving this classic, premium phone- I'm in no hurry to abandon such great hardware to get a plastic phone with a notched screen & no headphone jack!
    I'll replace my battery when it gets weak & keep right on going!
    Sincerely,
    Your Axon 7 customers & fans.
  • entropykentropyk Posts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2018 4:11PM
    As we say in Hawai'i: This one pake move, brah! (pake=Hawai'ian for cheap, also Chinese) This is a placebo, not a legitimate support move. The Beta version was OTA, right? They don't want to spend what it takes to do iy right. I have two Axon 7s, because of the ring volume and Daydream, which I, as a disabled veteran, use as a great source of entertainment and to help pass the time and be occupied using my few brain cells I still have. I definitely will NOT screw up my phones with this bologna move. I will start using my hearing aids and my new Huawei, and keep the 'quaint' Axon 7s for entertainment, they've instantly became expensive toys, not serious, usable tools as that were when truly supported.
    will there be another update for the A7 or this it? 
  • acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Until further Intel from Zte, the Axon7 reached the end of it's support with Oreo. They won't develop anything on it, won't fix any bug left.

I personally would like a hotfix for what remain, but to me ZTE is done. They announced the Axon9 Pro then what.... Nothing

It's a shame as the 9 interest me a bit, but I don't see ZTE making any publicity sound it

That is why I think the 7 is done for and they should focus on the next
  • entropykentropyk Posts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a **** move. ZTE is a corporate POS. No OTA? Because of $, pure and simple. User loyalty? For what? I bought this in part for fabled support and Daydream. Now you have to pull your update out of your **** and no Daydream, factory reset, no guarantee your depended on apps with ever work again. Hi Huwawei, I'm back!.
    entropyk said:
    What a **** move. ZTE is a corporate POS. No OTA? Because of $, pure and simple. User loyalty? For what? I bought this in part for fabled support and Daydream. Now you have to pull your update out of your **** and no Daydream, factory reset, no guarantee your depended on apps with ever work again. Hi Huwawei, I'm back!.
    I thought this sd card update was necessary b/c of an encryption issue. My cell signal got worse with this oddly enough. But yeah... Looking at that oneplus6T but meh. i wont bother with huawei. Too bad theres few providers and the smaller brands like zte or oneplus cant get the resources like samsung or lg etc.
  • 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 400 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @DrakenFX, I'm not sure if anyone has asked this from you before or not, but is there a way to move to Lineage OS from the latest update or should I roll back. Also any links to instructions would be apprciated!
  • DrakenFXDrakenFX United StatesPosts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    14blank40 said:
    Hey @DrakenFX, I'm not sure if anyone has asked this from you before or not, but is there a way to move to Lineage OS from the latest update or should I roll back. Also any links to instructions would be apprciated!

If you are in LOS, you can just flash using EDL B20 (Oreo) package.

DO NOT flash B20 Oreo on top of LOS 15.1, using TWRP.
    DrakenFX said:
    14blank40 said:

I have B20 Oreo right now, and I want to move to LOS 15.1. To do that, do I have to roll back to B35 Nougat or is there a way to change ROMs without having to roll back? I'm just rephrasing my question because I think we misunderstood each other haha.
    14blank40 said:
    DrakenFX said:
    14blank40 said:

I have B20 Oreo right now, and I want to move to LOS 15.1. To do that, do I have to roll back to B35 Nougat or is there a way to change ROMs without having to roll back? I'm just rephrasing my question because I think we misunderstood each other haha.

Alrighty, just flash Official LOS 15.1 and you're good to go, 

Official is base on B20 blobs and also contains vendor partition creator script & vendor partition itself.

This is by flashing it via TWRP.
    @DrakenFX, thanks!
    14blank40 said:
    @DrakenFX, thanks!
    You're welcome, glad I can help
  • hamin'_xhamin'_x Posts: 3 ✭✭✭
    I have been enjoying this Oreo update.  I am on Verizon by way of Total Wireless.  I was constantly having problems with it dropping from Verizon to 123456.  When that would happen, I would lose data and MMS and only cure was a restart.  Since the update, it has been rock solid.  Only bug that I have found with 8.0 is that my Gmail widget that I keep on the home screen will stop updating and go blank.  Only cure seems to be to remove and replace.  Works for a day, or so, then goes blank again.
  • DMarksDMarks United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    In the Nougat version, we were able to configure display settings (warm, natural, cool, gorgeous, vivid, etc.) That seems to have disappeared in the Oreo update.  Anyone know how to tinker with the display settings?
  • klevklev Posts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the Oreo version is near stock, im still curious why i cant install Google Phone.
    edited November 15, 2018 9:43PM
    Anyone else noticing battery dropping fast? for example, i was just using my phone and it hit 15% so it did that stupid power saver thing with the sound. I did a couple minutes of texting or browsing and i look at battery and it went from 15 or 14 to 7 in a minute or two.

Additionally it's still at 7 percent for the past ten min.... While using it... Typing this comment on forum... Odd. 
  • wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 573 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the original battery? At the two year mark mine was doing that under the last OS us. I replaced the battery and have not had the issue again.
    edited November 17, 2018 3:35PM
    klev said:
    Since the Oreo version is near stock, im still curious why i cant install Google Phone.
    By saying "can't install Gphone" , you mean play store have an update or sideloading the apk?

If is by sideloading apk, that would not work , several Google apps (including Google phone) comes as system app and not all are updatable indirectly from any source , specially if the OS the Device is running is near stock.
    edited November 18, 2018 2:40AM
    DrakenFX said:
    klev said:
    By saying "can't install Gphone" , you mean play store have an update or sideloading the apk?

If is by sideloading apk, that would not work , several Google apps (including Google phone) comes as system app and not all are updatable indirectly from any source , specially if the OS the Device is running is near stock.
    Are you saying that the stock app is GPhone? I dont think so. Many apps looks like stock android apps but are not. Contacts is a good example. It looks like stock google app but it actually isnt. I was able to download google contacts from play store and now i show 2 contact apps
  • DunkaDunka United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Both of the phone and contacts apps are AOSP versions 
  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    klev said:
    DrakenFX said:
    klev said:

Are you saying that the stock app is GPhone? I dont think so. Many apps looks like stock android apps but are not. Contacts is a good example. It looks like stock google app but it actually isnt. I was able to download google contacts from play store and now i show 2 contact apps
    If you are talking about the Google Phone app from the playstore, it officially only supports Pixel and Nexus devices officially. Google has yet to allow it to be installed on non-nexus/pixel device. 
    Dunka said:
    Both of the phone and contacts apps are AOSP versions 
    im not sure. Thats what i thought about the messaging app but its not AOSP. It doesnt have a way to connect to the web version