** SOFTWARE UPDATE Android Oreo (SD Card Only)** ** Axon 7 A2017U now on Android Oreo B20 **

Comments

• SylSyl United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    Is it working on A2017G?
  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hollap said:
    Can't wait to try it out.  As soon as I get power back from Hurricane Michael.  I have plenty of spare SD cards laying around.
    Glad you're safe and sound @jasonscarter!
    Yep.  My back fence has seen better days but that's the only damage I had.  Extremely lucky.  Looking forward to getting back in the tech world.  Power could be out until Sunday.
  • chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it have wi-fi calling?
  • wiz0floydwiz0floyd Posts: 1 ✭✭✭
    I tried flashing this using ADB since I don't have access to an SD card right now. I receive this error on my phone. 
    (adb status 1)
    Installation aborted.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Read above.  SD card is only supported method.  Steps for ADB posted are not confirmed working.
  • klevklev Posts: 119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I upload using USB adapter?
  • maverickmaverick NJPosts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭
     :D LOL
  • aganaraganar IndonesiaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
    How to install with TWRP?
  • bary_25bary_25 LibyaPosts: 2 ✭✭
    Can this method work on 2017g version please please i just want oreo
  • teet1teet1 United StatesPosts: 105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2018 5:28PM
    bary_25 said:
    Can this method work on 2017g version please please i just want oreo
    This update is for US only. I would not attempt it on any other phone model. If you are rooted and you know what you're doing there is a way around it but otherwise do not attempt
  • maverickmaverick NJPosts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i guess we use WeShare to back up everything? B/c I have things like texts i want to save for legal purposes and of course i'll have to move all pictures to SD just to be safe but then i need a new SD card for the size and for fear of it wiping the SD card too?
  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    chuckbort said:
    Does it have wi-fi calling?
    yes, it does
  • AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,250 admin
    Anything besides the instructions and device(A2017U) in the OP are not officially supported by ZTEUSA. If you have comments that don't revolve around the instructions we posted please ask for peer to peer help in the developers forum located HERE 
  • bary_25bary_25 LibyaPosts: 2 ✭✭
    Anything besides the instructions and device(A2017U) in the OP are not officially supported by ZTEUSA. If you have comments that don't revolve around the instructions we posted please ask for peer to peer help in the developers forum located HERE 
    Do you have any information about the update oreo if it will ever xome to 2017g devices please?

• vi_ztefanvi_ztefan JamaicaPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭
    I never doubted for one minute........ I will be updating my phone later still enjoying nougat and just  got my phone over a month now so I am still learning and enjoying it 
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,552 admin
    bary_25 said:
    Do you have any information about the update oreo if it will ever xome to 2017g devices please?

We do not have any information on updates other than the A2017U.
  • MJ0409MJ0409 USAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭
    Is this update capable with an enhanced model (6GB RAM/128GB Storage) too? My Axon 7 is A2017U but also enhanced model.

I've tried B35 update via micro SD before, but it has been failed. I contacted CS and they said those updates were only for an A2017U normal model (4GB/ 64GB), not for a premium model.
  • anurag1212anurag1212 Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭
    everything works fine
  • DrakenFXDrakenFX United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MJ0409 said:
    Is this update capable with an enhanced model (6GB RAM/128GB Storage) too? My Axon 7 is A2017U but also enhanced model.

I've tried B35 update via micro SD before, but it has been failed. I contacted CS and they said those updates were only for an A2017U normal model (4GB/ 64GB), not for a premium model.
    Same package should for both (4gb & 6gb), 

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Successful install. I am very happy to see the full support camera api support.

• LoaizaDanielsLoaizaDaniels Posts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes. Downloading...

Can't wait.
  • LoaizaDanielsLoaizaDaniels Posts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wiseman13 said:
    Successful install. I am very happy to see the full support camera api support.

So the GCam will fully work in this update, right?
    @wiseman13 & @LoaizaDaniels Put that camera to good use and enter the Fall Photo Contest
    edited October 12, 2018 8:56PM
  • runtohell121runtohell121 CaliforniaPosts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome news :)
  • lourochalourocha Brazil/USPosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited October 12, 2018 11:54PM
    I am getting a
    "E: Signature verification failed"
    "E: error: 21"

when trying to install on my A2017U from the SDCARD.

Any help?

I got it! It was a bad SDCARD. It worked with a different (and larger one).
  • rasalonrasalon Customer Service/PC Technician United StatesPosts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aerospaceman Do you know why they took Daydream support away for this release?
  • avilamfravilamfr United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
    Escribe tu coI am getting a 
    "E: Signature verification failed" 
    "E: error: 21" 

when trying to install on my A2017U from the SDCARD.

Any help?mentario
  • cmf21cmf21 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭
    Super excited to see this.  The install went smooth for me.  Phone seems much snapper now.