** SOFTWARE UPDATE Android Oreo (SD Card Only)** ** Axon 7 A2017U now on Android Oreo B20 **

Comments

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jtmack said:
    Can anyone out there recommend installing this update? I'm having absolutely zero issues with Nougat. My only beef is with Google Pay asking for fingerprint EVERY TIME I try to use it, then "beeping" and taking it's time, before finally being accepted. Can anyone out there verify if this issue has been fixed?

Google pay will always require additional security steps since it is designed to store credit card info, thus it must always assume the worst case scenario of a stolen phone or unauthorized user gaining access to the app.
    Overall, a different version of android will not change that behavior.

I use google pay and on both android 7 and android 8, it responds at about the same speed, but it has always been fast, except in areas with heavy network congestion or poor coverage.
  • alferalfer Posts: 136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no luck connecting phone to car via USB to use Android Auto.  Phone still does endless loop of a popup asking what I want to do with USB connection. Sadly it won't let you cancel the alert, nor can you chose 1 of the 4 options on the pop up.

If I can't get it to work I may have to retire the A7 again and go back to my S8.
  • a7lexa7lex ClevelandPosts: 49 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2018 11:54AM
    alfer said:
    Still no luck connecting phone to car via USB to use Android Auto.  Phone still does endless loop of a popup asking what I want to do with USB connection. Sadly it won't let you cancel the alert, nor can you chose 1 of the 4 options on the pop up.

If I can't get it to work I may have to retire the A7 again and go back to my S8.

You can always go back to Android N on A7 by downloading sw from here: https://www.zteusa.com/axon-7#support
  • DunkaDunka United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭
    alfer said:

Are you enabling MTP or audio source before you connect the phone?
    For me it always connects, just a PITA having to do it constantly before connecting
  • nareshcn7nareshcn7 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help!

I'm facing one issue after the update. I'm unable to download or update apps through play store with my mobile network in roaming. I have tried various ways specified in forums but no luck yet.

Help me out guys! 
    Dunka said:
    alfer said:

Are you enabling MTP or audio source before you connect the phone?
    For me it always connects, just a PITA having to do it constantly before connecting

I put it in MTP mode but I guess it reset and went back to "charging" when I tried using the phone. I set it yet again to MTP and will try again tonight.

If this doesn't lock in and make AA work every time I connect in car, I'm dumping the A7 again until something is fixed.
    PIP is also not working for me on YouTube or chrome. Any suggestions. 
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,038 admin
    nareshcn7 said:
    Help!

I'm facing one issue after the update. I'm unable to download or update apps through play store with my mobile network in roaming. I have tried various ways specified in forums but no luck yet.

Help me out guys! 
    Is it possible that you've gone over your allotted roaming data allowance?
    nareshcn7 For PIP are you picking your video, hitting the back button and then the recent apps buttons to view the consolidated window?
    sshasan said:
    nareshcn7 said:
    Help!

Help me out guys! 
    No. Actually on a unlimited plan. 
    If on android 8.0, then PIP activates if using certain video apps such as youtube, where you press the home button or switch to a different app while a video is in the process of being played.

You should get a small video window that you can move around.
    Just make sure the video is actively being played and not paused when you switch to a different app or press the home button.

sshasan said:
    nareshcn7 For PIP are you picking your video, hitting the back button and then the recent apps buttons to view the consolidated window?
    Yes @sshasan but no luck. Picture is picture feature is only working for gmaps, although it is enabled for many apps like youtube, chrome, whatsapp etc. 
    nareshcn7 said:
    sshasan said:
    nareshcn7 said:
    Help!

Help me out guys! 
    I don't have a way to test this out on roaming. A Google search brings up the same issue across the board on many devices. 

If you have roaming enabled on the device and the download preference set to network in Google Play this is most likely a more widespread Android issue. 
    nareshcn7 said:
    sshasan said:
    Yes @sshasan but no luck. Picture is picture feature is only working for gmaps, although it is enabled for many apps like youtube, chrome, whatsapp etc. 
    I'm able to use it on YouTube, Chrome & Maps.

Maybe someone else can chime in to see if they are having the same issue.
    sshasan said:
    nareshcn7 said:
    sshasan said:
    nareshcn7 said:
    Help!

Help me out guys! 
    I don't have a way to test this out on roaming. A Google search brings up the same issue across the board on many devices. 

If you have roaming enabled on the device and the download preference set to network in Google Play this is most likely a more widespread Android issue. 
    I found the same. As u said it's widespread issue for many devices. They have device wise work around for different devices. I have tried. What ever I could. Still it's unsolved.
    razor512 said:
    If on android 8.0, then PIP activates if using certain video apps such as youtube, where you press the home button or switch to a different app while a video is in the process of being played.

You should get a small video window that you can move around.
    Just make sure the video is actively being played and not paused when you switch to a different app or press the home button.

No luck brother.
    edited October 18, 2018 3:07PM
    If you open your android settings and then search for "picture", and then select the "Picture-in-picture" option, are all of your media apps set to allow picture in picture?

If it is, try restarting the device.
  • DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,012 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding to @razor512 reply, for chrome to use PiP the video in question needs to be play in Full Screen , same goes for some otero apps.
    @[email protected] everything is already enabled. YouTube pip is not at all working. When I'm trying the same on chrome YouTube page, it appeared for a second and disappeared immediately. 
    Are you using the youtube app or the youtube website?
    I just tried zte video player app also working with the pip but not the youtube app or chrome YouTube page
    edited October 18, 2018 4:01PM
    So just the clear things up, 

While the video is playing on Full Screen , you tap Home to enable PiP on that specific app?

EDIT:
    Here is a onscreen video with chrome and YouTube app on PiP

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NapylBgjXKpQBJHtzdgaapiDqQH6vPsq/view?usp=drivesdk
  • hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @dms11364 Go to Settings>Security & Location>Screen Lock> Type in your pin>Tap Pin on next screen> You should now be looking at secure startup screen. Tap No and  enter your pin again to confirm. This should do away with the second request. :)
    Doesn't this also take away the encryption without a PIN set?
  • brunormcbrunormc Posts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know if others are experiencing issues with Android Auto?????
    Generally only problems are posted here, so I would be grateful for a few nods that AA is working properly.  Thanks
    Yeah I'd love to know if anyone has had luck just plugging their A7 into their car and AA just works, not having to go into menus every time to make adjustments etc. Just plug and play like my S8 does.
  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,213 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    nareshcn7 said:
    I just tried zte video player app also working with the pip but not the youtube app or chrome YouTube page
    if you restore the youtube/chrome app, maybe try to clear the app data and cache or uninstall them and install the latest version from playstore. 

For youtube to play in PiP, you also would need to make sure PIP is enabled in the app. Open Youtube-->Tap account (on the upper right corner of the app)-->Settings-->General-->make sure PiP toggle is set to on.
  • maverickmaverick NJPosts: 501 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    samsamha said:
    maverick said:
    Anyone able to add a tone or music thats not on the stock list? I went too  add and picked a file which was a trimmed file from the previous setup where they add the word "trim" at the beginning. It flickered and wont add it even though it says it did. Now i have my phone on vibrate only and keep missing calls lol
    I can add an mp3 file that is not on the stock list as my notification sound. I have tried it by opening the file explorer and navigate to the music file and long press and choose set audio as. Additionally, I also tried to go into setting-->sound-->ringtone-->add ringtone. I did notice that once I add a ringtone, it did not automatically set that particular sound file but I have to select it again from the list. 

FYI, not sure if this matters but in the past I recall some devices where the location of the files can make a difference. For me the music files are stored under the Music Folder. 
    yeah it just wouldnt let me pick the ones that were already made. i did it through the settings options and just picked an mp3 b/c i dont feel like redoing it. I'm not sure why theres an issue with certain ones. I think it might be the characters in the file name
    Ok so why does the led stay red when screen is off while charging, then turn green no where near full....? 
    maverick said:
    Ok so why does the led stay red when screen is off while charging, then turn green no where near full....? 

that behavior is by default,  Notification LED just turns on while the screen is off , when you turning from red to green that means is 90% charge.

The LED won't show when the screen is ON.
    DrakenFX said:
    maverick said:

that behavior is by default,  Notification LED just turns on while the screen is off , when you turning from red to green that means is 90% charge.

The LED won't show when the screen is ON.
    ok so it just doesnt go to green when its at 100 like it did before. okie doke