ZTE z982 shuts down and unresponsive

jvioxjviox Houston TxPosts: 2 ✭✭
My ZTE will just close either when using an app or not? It then opens lock screen but it's unresponsive and won't unlock then screen goes off. I hit power button it brings lock screen up but still won't unlock. I have to restart phone. It will unlock then but then randomly will do it when it wants to.Its getting more and more frequent. Ive factory reset,safe mode run nothing helps?

Answers

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have either of you attempted to wipe the cache partition from the recovery menu? Or as a last ditch effort, a factory reset and do not restore from a backup?
  • jvioxjviox Houston TxPosts: 2 ✭✭
    I have wiped cache partion.and factory rest? Its getting more frequent.
    WHat build of software are you currently running? settings->about phone->software build
  • scan718scan718 United StatesPosts: 61 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, and it did start after the latest update, kind of strange that this issue happens and soon after new phones in the budget range come out. I did a factory reset, same issue. someone point me how to wipe the cache partition? as long as it does not delete any of my stuff
    scan718 said:
    I'm having the same issue, and it did start after the latest update, kind of strange that this issue happens and soon after new phones in the budget range come out. I did a factory reset, same issue. someone point me how to wipe the cache partition? as long as it does not delete any of my stuff
    To wipe the cache partition:

Enter Recovery Mode on your device. To enter the recovery mode, hold the power button, and volume up button both together. When you feel it vibrate release power then release volume up.

The device will load in Recovery mode when powered on. Recovery mode gives you option to wipe the system cache from your device. This option is labeled as ‘Wipe cache partition’. In this stage, you should use the Volume buttons to navigate.

Choosing this “wipe cache partition” option will not delete any data from the device. 

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. Cache helps the system to access the apps and its data more quickly but sometimes it’s gets out dated. So cache cleaning is good for the system in a certain interval of time. This process helps the system run smoothly.

hollap said:
    scan718 said:

Enter Recovery Mode on your device. To enter the recovery mode, hold the power button, and volume up button both together. When you feel it vibrate release power then release volume up.

The device will load in Recovery mode when powered on. Recovery mode gives you option to wipe the system cache from your device. This option is labeled as ‘Wipe cache partition’. In this stage, you should use the Volume buttons to navigate.

Choosing this “wipe cache partition” option will not delete any data from the device. 

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. Cache helps the system to access the apps and its data more quickly but sometimes it’s gets out dated. So cache cleaning is good for the system in a certain interval of time. This process helps the system run smoothly.

Thank you, I will give it a try.
  • chris777chris777 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    I had a issue where my Lock screen pattern suddenly quit working last night, I tried to post about it on here but the forum messed up too. So I broke down and wiped the cache and factory reset. 

Today I have been having a lot of screen flicker, when switching apps. Also my fingerprint are now giving me trouble I switched to a pin number to hope that doesn't mess up as well. 
    scan718 said:
    hollap said:
    scan718 said:

Thank you, I will give it a try  . yup didn't work. I thought it might have been zedge, but I removed it a while ago. any one have any suggestions or the same issue? build: z982 mpcsv1.0.0b25

Thank you, I will give it a try  . yup didn't work. I thought it might have been zedge, but I removed it a while ago. any one have any suggestions or the same issue? build: z982 mpcsv1.0.0b25
    @scan718, are you attempting to unlock by fingerprint, or by pin?  The only other thing I can think of is if it is a particular app, you'd have to fecatory reset, and do not reinstall from a backup. Set up as new. Add apps one by one until the issue returns.
    edited November 14, 2018 12:00PM
    hollap said:

@scan718, are you attempting to unlock by fingerprint, or by pin?  The only other thing I can think of is if it is a particular app, you'd have to fecatory reset, and do not reinstall from a backup. Set up as new. Add apps one by one until the issue returns.
    Thanks for the advice. I picked up my max view. but i think it is one of these apps. wallpaper changer, or tasker. when i added them to the max view which is on the same android version. It seems like it doesnt like them, deleted on both phones, and checking too see if it worked. 
    believe it or not i'm having the same issue with my max view, definitely one of these apps, uninstalled the ones i thought were the problem, but still crashing to the lock screen. I might have to factory reset and start over.
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,824 admin
    @scan718 when you factory reset, make sure to set up as a new phone and not restore from a backup. For some reason when setting up from a backup this seems to happen. 
    ok, thanks