Axon 7 freezes, won't turn *off* after a drop

dabramovdabramov Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
So I dropped my phone. It appeared dead, but after letting it "rest" it powered up and seemed to work. Display looked perfect, everything seemed to work. Then it froze, but the screen stayed on. Holding down the power button (for a long time) doesn't have any effect. 

Eventually the battery will drain, and it will start over... but it stays on for shorter periods of time. Right now it has frozen with just the red charging light staying on - it displayed the message/icon that the battery wasn't charged enough to boot the phone and that's it.

I assumed (hoped) a cable came loose, so took the thing apart and re-seated all of the cable. I did everything short of taking the battery physically out and messing with the screen.

Any ideas? I'm now familiar with how to take the thing apart, so would replace parts if I knew what to replace. Of course, I'm now over the two years damage warranty.

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• dabramovdabramov Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    I was convinced it was totally dead, but left it plugged in. Case still open, it booted up, stayed on for at least 20 minutes - everything looked great. Froze again... maybe when I unplugged it (?). Though I'm pretty sure it's frozen while plugged in. 

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You could try a factory reset at this point, if you can get to the recovery menu that is. That's the only option I can think of. If you plug into a PC does the PC recognize it?
  • dabramovdabramov Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2018 12:08AM
    If it's on, the PC will recognize it. Getting it to be on is the trick!
  • sonic1337sonic1337 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    I have this same issue, it stays on with the Red Led and occasionally works for 5 - 20 mins then stops I need help with this issue if anyone has a fix.
  • sonic1337sonic1337 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    I was on TWRP and it still froze I thought i'd be safe there from what ever this is, so I don't particularly know what to do and I really like this phone. I also know how to open it so if anything need replacement tell cause I really wanna fix this
  • vruilovavruilova ArgentinaPosts: 1 ✭✭

The same thing happened to me today, dropped the phone, the screen was on and it froze there, couldnt get it to turn off, no buttons responding (not even with hard reset), some minutes later the phone restarted by itself a couple of times. The first time got stuck at the login screen, then a couple of minutes later it restarted again by itself and worked for some minutes (screen and buttons responding) until the battery drained completely, so i plug it in to the wall, i waited some minutes, but didnt show the usual battery sign on screen when its off, the front led was and still is steady red, also because the phone was heating, i put it on a ziploc bag in the freezer, then got it out and managed to press the power button and the red led turned off and the heating problem stopped. Now its plugged in but at this point cant start it.

Any ideas suggestions, ideas or thoughts, what did the rest of you end up doing? did it work for anyone to open it and reset the cable connections?