No data connection

For the past week I haven't had a data connection .I tried everything I can think of. From new SIM card, changed carriers, wiped cached, alternate APN. I don't want to root or send to ZTE. I can see the cell radio is turned off despite manually turning on, it doesn't work. Currently on B35 update. SIM works in other phones, just not my Axon 7. Would like to try Oreo update but if it's something else I can do that I haven't mentioned would be helpful. SIM card is recognized just can't call or text .Has anyone fixed this issue? Or had a similar experience? 

Answers

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @sweetblkricant Have you tried to manually add the APN on the device?
  • SweetblkricantSweetblkricant United StatesPosts: 7 ✭✭
    I have and nothing.
    It's like the phone is stuck in airplane mode even though it's not .I'm currently using the Wi-Fi on the device. It's like the cell radio has been disabled 
    Do you have another SIM card you can try on the device?

Yes, I have straight talk & AT&T. SIM cards work in other phones just not my Axon 7. I tried everything just about which is why I'm here. I don't want to root the phone nor download Oreo if it's not going to fix the issue 
    Have you done a factory reset and set the device up as new without restoring from a backup?
    Looking at the menu from *#*#4636#*#* the cell radio is off. When I manually turn it on it does not stay. It shows the network, I manually try to enable connection and nothing. It doesn't stay. 
    I did a soft reset after wiping cache. From what others have commented on other feeds is even that didn't help 
    I would do a factory reset and start over as a new device without backing up from a previous device. This is your best option if all else fails. 
    I'll give it a try after I backup all my stuff and I'll let you know what happens.