Further security updates

ivanbivanb Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭
Hi all. Just wondering if ZTE is planning to continue with security updates for Axon 7, or Oreo and July security patch were the last things this phone received? Any rumors or thoughts?
Thanks.

Comments

• GeeknLonelyGeeknLonely ChilePosts: 11 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it would be possible to update the Axon 7 to Android One, that way we could still get the updates, direct from Google, but I don't think it can be done
  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ZTE hasn't announced any more updates at this time for the Axon 7.  2.25 years old now, I would doubt they would continue to put time into more software development.  They at least did come through with their promised Oreo update that was supposed to have been out earlier this year.  I personally think their time is better suited towards development towards new devices.  We are still waiting on a high end phone replacement for the Axon 7 here in the USA.

They usually don't comment on future updates, so if there are any, it will be announced here.
     I personally think their time is better suited towards development towards new devices.  We are still waiting on a high end phone replacement for the Axon 7 here in the USA.
    And so far you won't get one, since the Axon 9 Pro won't come out for you gringos (Bwahahahahahaha!!!). After all the troubles ZTE had this year in the U.S., I don't see them releasing it for your market :neutral:
  • ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
     I personally think their time is better suited towards development towards new devices.  We are still waiting on a high end phone replacement for the Axon 7 here in the USA.
    And so far you won't get one, since the Axon 9 Pro won't come out for you gringos (Bwahahahahahaha!!!). After all the troubles ZTE had this year in the U.S., I don't see them releasing it for your market :neutral:

Good! I don't like it anyway.
    Could be a whole new device. Doesn't have to be the Axon 9 Pro.  I seriously doubt they won't have something in 2019 in the high end for the USA market.  It's to important for them.  Just gotta give it time.
    Could be a whole new device. Doesn't have to be the Axon 9 Pro.  I seriously doubt they won't have something in 2019 in the high end for the USA market.  It's to important for them.  Just gotta give it time.
    At least this year it won't happen, the only 2 phones announced for the U.S. Market are new Blade models :(
    At least this year it won't happen, the only 2 phones announced for the U.S. Market are new Blade models :(
    Yeah probably 2019.  Maybe a CES or MWC announcement.  Don't think they can afford to wait very long.
  • cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems most consumers want newer tech and devices. For me, I want a stable proven tech with up to date security patches.

It is just like applisnces, old design last 30 years worry free yet today's appliances are 5 years with premium price.

ZTE should continue make and sell Axon 7.   A great phone.

Yeah, maybe tweak it a bit to get android one, then you get a brilliant phone and no worries for the updates