Screen timeout not responding

Sammy68Sammy68 United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭
If anyone has any ideas plz help! I love my zte blade max 2s but I'm extremely frustrated with the fact I can't get the screen timeout to last longer than a CPL of seconds in my phone. I can't even use it without the screen fading n then going to sleep! Factory reset n got new sim n played w settings still no luck..help!😢

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,735 admin
    @Sammy68 has this happened since you've set up the device or has it recently started?

To start with the basics, how long do you have the sleep function set on the device? You can check by going to settings, display, advanced, sleep and then changing the amount of time before the screen times out.

If that is not the issues, do you have power saving enabled on the device? Settings, battery, check to see if power saving mode is enable.

If power saving is not enabled, when you set up your device, did you restore from a previous backup or did you set up the device as new. If you restored from a backup. I suggesting resetting the phone and starting new.

If all else fails you may have a rouge app that is causing the issue. Delete some of the most recently downloaded apps one by one and see if that remedies the issue.
  • Sammy68Sammy68 United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭
    Got lucky I did! After many hours of trouble shooting I did jus that..started over as new after factory reset. Did everything manually w no back up from another device. Problem solved. Screen is now responding n staying on. Pretty sure this was an app issue jus glad it's over n done w now cuz I love my phone! Thanks 😀
    Now if someone cld plz tell me where to purchase a case for this phone I wld appreciate it! 
  • samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sammy68 said:
    Now if someone cld plz tell me where to purchase a case for this phone I wld appreciate it! 
    skinomi has a few full body skin (a nice looking wood) for the phone. When I search on amazon, I also saw vendor selling a TPU case though it won't be shipped until later. 
    Odd enuff I actually saw n purchased a case that was for another foreign brand that worked for this phone. Seems as if u Google specs n get dimensions and long as the camera hole mathces up w the rest it worked for me for now. Just hate that this is a really nice and affordable phone that doesn't have a case yet other than skins? I'm sad!😪
  • samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sammy68 said:
    Odd enuff I actually saw n purchased a case that was for another foreign brand that worked for this phone. Seems as if u Google specs n get dimensions and long as the camera hole mathces up w the rest it worked for me for now. Just hate that this is a really nice and affordable phone that doesn't have a case yet other than skins? I'm sad!😪
    That is good to hear. Maybe post some pictures for us and that may help other users who are looking to get a case for their phone. 
    These cases whether name brand or generic are fitting my zte blade max2s. Only issue is u have to cut out the finger sensor hole urself or jus buy the name brand ones for iPhone xs max w the apple cutout. Not perfect fix but will do til they release cases for this phone! Of course I went n blinged up one of my cases w stuff from the craft Dept..lol😀 Hope this helps guys!