Axon 7 "no service"

TeteSevTeteSev United StatesPosts: 1
My ZTE Axon 7 is freezing from time to time displaying "no service". Sometimes, I need to restart it to get the service back quickly. Please where can I get help to fix that?
Thanks in advance
Roger

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried a network settings reset?
    Have you tried a hard reset to see if it's software?
    Get your carrier to check your sim card to see if it's faulty.
  • J_loV1p3rJ_loV1p3r United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Good day,

I hope that I can find a resolution to my issue here with your assistance.

I bought my Axon 7 in november of 2016 and it worked very well until early 2018 when the battery started to lose charge quickly and eventually the charging port failed.

I have recently changed both the battery and the charging port successfully. However since it has began working again i am not able to get a signal from my service provider, although my SIMs are recognised and when i try to chose automatically I am told that the SIM is 'Registered on Network'.

I have tried: *#*#4636#*#* and have gotten no results

I tried every option under 'Set preferred network type' to no avail and found that there is no 2, 3 or 4G included in any pf the options.

I have tried changing the network mode but what I am seeing now is different from what was originally available when i purchased the phone.

In addition when I try to change the Network mode I get a message that it is changing but it never changes

Under mobile network settings - network operators - search networks I get 'Error while searching for networks'

I have tried Flashing, bootloading, recovering the IMEI (but could not access Engineer Mode or Radio Information.

I access Test Mode and the following failed:

NFC Read Card & Sensor Test

Under Voice Service - reads 'Radio Off'

Radio info test - cannot get turned on

When I tried making a call I get an error message asking me to 'to place a call, first turn off Airplane mode'. airplane mode was off at the time.

Hard reset has not helped.

SIm cards work perfectly when placed into an other phone (Moto G4). Here the network is states as 4G.

I am running Build# A2017UV1.10B35 Android Version: 7.1.1

My questions are:

Is this a software issue? Can I fix it? How can I fix it?

Is this a hardware issue? Network Antenna? the Charging port?

thank you very much in advance for your assistance 🙂

Apologies for any spelling and grammar errors