On The Case Situation

glownglown United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
Being frustrated with the lack of cases, I spoke with the plant manager at a plastic injection and molding company, with whom I'm friends. I spoke with him about producing a run of cases, and he said it's feasible, though they need a large minimum order quantity to be worth their while.

My question to the community: How much interest can we gather in a basic high impact plastic case for these phones? Would ZTE be willing to carry them as an accessory through their U.S. website? Ballparking it, we figure a run of 10k cases at a production cost of $10-$15 would be the smallest we could go, retail would be ~$20-$25 per case.

If there's enough interest we could probably get a kickstarter or something going.

Comments

• hunkhunk United StatesPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am with it.
    I was thinking the same thing. But lack the insight
  • carmenmcarmenm United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭
    I would be onboard with it but I think the time it would take will be way out.
    I ordered a "thong" for my phone!
    https://www.ebay.com/i/372525670967?chn=ps&var=641313961300

Hopefully it's more functional than the note 8 case i'm using. Will take 2 to 4 weeks to get here though.

• glownglown United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    We did more math on the subject. Minimum feasible order run is closer to 20k cases. Not feasible for a phone like this unless ZTE wants to bundle it with the phone, or at least sell it on their website.
  • chimengschimengs United StatesPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using a case for the acatel 7 phone. I had to make an alteration to have the flash in the right spot . Other then that the only thing different is the hole for headphones. I paid 8.95 on amazon for it.
  • hunkhunk United StatesPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2019 9:51AM
    that's the sound of ZTE shooting itself in the foot. Because of lost customers  because I can't find a case I was planning on buying  additional  phones for my children as well as friends but why would I if they have no way of protecting their phone.