Phone will not charge and makes beeping noise when plugged in

I have had my ZTE for 1.5 years. It has been working very well. Today when I plugged my phone in to charge, it started making a beeping sound. One beep every 2 seconds or so. This was just annoying at first, but then I noticed it was not charging.

I tried different outlets - no different results. I have restarted the phone. I have left it off and when I plugged it in, there is a vibration every few seconds but it still will not charge.

Is this the end of the road for my phone, or is there a solution?

Thanks!

Comments

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to try a different charger. also can you inspect the contacts on the USB-C port on the smartphone, the contact pads are the vertical gold plated contacts on either side of the center post. Since quickcharge requires both power and data, if the base of the port has lint or anything that will keep it from making contact with the shorter data pins. Also make sure the pins are not dirty or corroded. (may need a flash light to get a glimpse at the contacts.

If possible also inspect the connector on the USB cable, and if possible try a different cable (both a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 cable will allow quickcharge to function).