It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
First, thanks to xxMoon for opening the thread and I believe Deadman for buying and publishing the Latest firmware and I won't forget everybody else that supported the thread from the beginning to the end. I WILL HAVE THE LINK TO THE THREAD AT THE END OF THIS DISCUSSION. I'm not responsible if you hard brick your phone, soft brick shouldn't be a big deal and I might be able to help you with that
Now lets get down to business.
2. Phone/Z982 (Duh)
4. The edl tool : https://forum.xda-developers.com/zte-blade/general/zte-blade-z-max-edl-tool-flash-backup-t3902421. They need to be extracted (Very Important)
6. Patch Recovery : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IzQwIKb807UrrFc6f7zny3qX2_qSTweL (Optional)
7. At least a 30% of battery juice just in case anything goes wrong and A Maxium of 15 min of your time.
Let's get down to work (backup up important files because will you need to factory reset data)
I summarized the thread from the link down below. It's (11 Pages if you like to know what we did, also it transferred from paid to unpaid method you will understand later)
1. Extracted the edl tool and place it where you want to run the tool (We will need a connection from the phone so enable developer option and the usb debugging and don't forget to connect to the pc and check the box and allow the pc to access the phone if the box doesn't appear keep unplugging he phone and plugging it back till it appears ).
2. Place the patch boot to for me is C:\Zte_Blade_Z_Max_edl\flash\boot and place the boot file there, same with recovery file flash\recovery (it's opitional I personally don't like it because it have a lot of problems but still I thank the people that help this become possible).
3. Open the bat As Administrator and press y then I believe 2 for flash then and then the number beside the boot for boot flash and the number beside recovery for recovery flash (your phone have to be in the edl mode the program put it automatically if the phone is accessible by pc or you can use the adb reboot edl if you have adb but I recommend the program because if your run the phone in edl mode for so long it makes the program to have an error in that case you will have to reboot your phone to edl again and close the bat and open it again).
4. Don't worry about the "the syntax in the command is incorrect" a long as there is a big success text your are good to go. Then, boot to recovery by pressing Vol+ and power when the device is booting as soon as the zte logo appear release the power but continue to hold the vol + button and form a factory reset, if you install TWRP recovery then modify the system go to wipe and press format data (DONT SWIPE THE FACTORY RESET, IT GIVES ME FAILED) after that boot to system and your device should be in the setup. Go through it and we will need to update magisk (DONT DIRECTLY INSTALL , YES IT WILL BOOT LOOP THE DEVICE) so follow the instructions in step 5.
5. First, download Flashify from play store then download this boot file : I'm downloading the firmware so I can patch the he boot image. Give Flashify root permission if the box doesn't pop up wait for about 15 sec then go to magisk manager and swipe right from the left and click superuser and check the button for Flashify if the Flashify doesn't appear clear all and go to Flashify if the box appear repeat. Open Flashify click boot image browse the patch boot image by me and press yup and reboot your phone (you won't need a factory reset) , go back to magisk manager and check if the latest magisk is installed. Done and enjoy.
Link to the official thread: