Goodbye Axon 7, nice to know you

blatidoblatido Posts: 45 ✭✭✭✭✭

The time has come. I received a new smartphone as a gift and, even though my Axon 7 is working just fine, is time to say goodbye after almost 2 years.

It's just a shame ZTE was banned by the US gov. Particularly when foldable smartphones are now trendy. Galaxy Fold, Huawei Mate X and the others to come. Nobody will remember the Axon M. Yes, it has a few quirks and two screens instead of 1 foldable continuous screen, but it was THE first foldable. But, again, NOBODY will remember it.

Back to the A7. Despite the ban and the late update to Android 8, I was very happy using it. A solid phone with aluminum body and a pair of fabulous front speakers. Those are the main things I will surely miss. I wonder if ZTE will ever again come back to the market with a flagship phone at a very reasonable price, like the A7.

Hopefully...

Comments

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 26 ✭✭✭✭✭

What new phone did you receive as a gift?

• testrattestrat Posts: 48 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still using mt A7, and love it. And I dont see anything out there that interests me even slightly.. Especially at the same price the A7 was. Or even the $600 area. Love the front facing speakers. No one has that I think. And the headphone jack. I also use the voice command camera function - nearly daily. I have no idea if other phones have that. And the dual active SIMS, thou I only used once, was very nice to have that option when I needed it. Mainly use the #2 sim as SD expansion slot. Was great that it was upgraded to take a 256 card. I have mostly music on it. The image stabilization when doing video off roading in the JEEP work great. And I cant remember the other great things I like right now.. And I dont know if other phones even at $600 or more will have even most of this. I hope this phone lasts me many more years, even IF I have to have the battery replaced some day..

• NevesNoxaNevesNoxa United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

And how many phones out there has a body that is designed by BMW like the Axon 7!

• blatidoblatido Posts: 45 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a Huawei Mate 20 Lite. 6.3" Screen, Kirin 710 Processor, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb Storage, Android 8.1 with EMUI. No NFC but I don't care. After a few days of use, battery lasts about 48 hrs (I'm an average user) and it feels fast. I like it.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand the foldable phone craze either. I'll never buy one. Just like I'll never buy a phone with a notch. There was a reason ZTE was banned. Hopefully they learned from it and can move on from it. Hopefully they will come out with a decent flagship phone soon to replace the A7. I had my fair share of problems with my A7. But I would at least consider a new phone if they ever come out with one.

• Axon7NyUserAxon7NyUser United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

The Zte Axon 10 Pro 5G looks great !!!

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It has a notch. Not interested.