Visible R2 ZTE model

MrWilsonMrWilson United StatesPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

I just started an account with this company. The phone model is Z5151V made by ZTE. Any info such as a case recommendation, memory expansion ect. would be much appreciated.

Comments

• MrWilsonMrWilson United StatesPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

I can tell you one thing it's an unbelievable phone for $99 us but what do I know it's my first smartphone.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

glad to hear that you are enjoying the phone. You sure do get a lot of for the money with the phone.

Since this is a carrier branded phone, finding a case may not always be easiest. I google a bit and looks like maybe you can look into ZTE A0722 phone as the dimension and design of the two phones are similar so maybe it will fit. FYI, I don't own the phone so no guarantee.

Hi Samsamha, Thank You very much for the info and i am going to check it out. Wish me luck :)

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,325 admin

I can't guarantee any accessories at this time either as it is a carrier phone, but be on the lookout soon for more official info here in the community.

edited March 16, 2019 5:36PM

Aerospaceman I would love some official info on the ZTE R2. I guess it's just a slight bit too new on the market. I did install a 256 GB microSDXC card in it. 256 GB is the max.

• sM86sM86 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

256GB is not the max unless the 2TB (2000GB) listed max is incorrect.

What kind of info are you looking for?

1.4 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 with integrated Qualcomm® Adreno™ 308 GPU

2GB Ram

16GB Internal Memory expandable with a sd card up to 2TB...

5.46” HD Display with a 18:9 aspect ratio

13+MP Rear Camera with HDR, Panorama, and Timelapse. 5MP Front Camera

3100mAh Lithium Ion Battery

Latest and greatest brand new usb-c type charging port and cable

All running on a completely unadultered unfiltered unbloated Android Oreo / 8.1. With no carrier or manufacturer blocked functions.

Introducing the brand new Visible R2™, designed by ZTE exclusively for Visible customers. Get the best of Android on a bright 5.45" HD+ seamless contoured edge display. The Visible R2™ features a best-in-class 18:9 aspect ratio and a 13 MP camera with HDR, panorama, and timelapse. With smart power management and a 3100mAh battery, the Visible R2™ brings you the power of Android Oreo with the reliability of Visible service, backed by Verizon’s 4G LTE network.

You are correct that 256GB is not the max and it is an amazing device for the price. Great way to get into the modern world of Android.

• CellPhoneUserCellPhoneUser Handyman United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019 6:10PM

Visible R2 Technical Specifications

R2 by ZTE

Model Z5151V

My goal is to find the correct signal strength booster for cell use in my home here in Eagle River, Alaska.

My carrier who shall remain anonymous refused to give me the information and stated cell phone signal strength boosting is not supported.

I do not believe or accept that the signal (coming from the nearest cell tower providing third party (anonymous) 4g LTE cell service) cannot be boosted to improve my cell reception signal strength.

Objective: Obtain the maximum allowed speed provided by the carrier which equates to faster internet download and upload speed by increasing signal strength reception on my cell phone to 100%.

Question A

What is the correct Frequency Range to search for while shopping for a Home Cell Phone Booster?

Answer: Product Features & Specification section Wireless Technology and Frequency Range Band 2/4/5/13 (refer below for MHz ranges on each)

This also revealed that the phone is capable of 2.4/5 Ghz but only 2.4 GHz (2412-2462 MHz) works for WLAN (Wireless Land Area Network) and very similar frequency range for Bluetooth 2402-2480 Mhz (WLAN)

Question A 1

So USB hot spotting is the only way to get the full 5 GHz?

Question B

Will it work for unlisted carriers?

Answer: Logic is telling me yes as long as I align the frequency correctly by matching the phones capable frequencies and the signal boosters input output ranges.

1st find that matches perfectly. (Matches my Objective) I cannot afford the cost of it sigh. About $300.00. Any donators?

contact me at chrisfrks at ya hoo or G male.

【Support All Carriers 3G/4G LTE】 The booster supports GSM,3G,4G LTE for All US Networks including (anonymous) US Cellular and more.

Key matches GSM, 4g, LTE, all carriers.

Bonuses: (Matches my Objective)

• 【Boost Voice&Data Signal】The repeater boosts voice and data signal for multiple users, supports all phones on different providers, so all your family can share one booster for better signal.
    • 【Excellent Functions】The amplifier has more features includes LED Indicator, Automatic Gain Control, Self-oscillation Elimination and Inactivity Mode, it means once the booster kit was setup, it will adjust the gain with the existing signal strength for best performance.
    • 【Largest Coverage】Both the directional indoor and outdoor antenna with high gain, it will give you better reception throughout the house cover up to 4,500sq ft in home or office.
    • 【Warm Warranty】 FCC Certified, 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee, 3 Months Replacement, 5 Years Free Repairs. Professional Technical Support.

The ZTE Z515VL is identified as LTE/WCDMA/GSM(GPRS) Multi-Mode Digital Mobile Phone in the FCC listings, It supports VoIP in GPRS, EGPRS, WCDMA and LTE, and LTE supports VoLTE operation. Powered by a Snapdragon 400 series CPU and 2GB of RAM, The devices also feature an HD+ display panel with a resolution of 1,440 by 720 pixels amounting to an 18:9 (2:1) aspect ratio. It will come with Android 8.1.0 OS out of the BOX, According to a listing on Geekbench.

Help? plz refer to above for contact info.

edited May 27, 2019 2:39PM

My search for the correct signal booster has revealed a couple more interesting tools.

Download app from PlayStore google called " LTE discovery" choose signals check earfin (there is a box there that says root in earfin section check that too) wait a while a few minutes soon it will show everything about your phone signal to you and from you. What to pay attention to is the earfin box and the box on the top left. they will show the band your on which could be 1 of 5 for the R2.

For me here in Eagle River, Alaska it is showing band 13 @ 700 c MHz GSM which is defined on the chart as Verizon 4G's band 13 and the test revealed 700 so it checks out in comparison confirming I do have the correct info and that is the information I needed in order to order the correct cell phone signal booster.

The next interesting thing I found was a chart.

So the initial cost of $300.00 has been reduced to $114.98 with the additional insurance plan and guarantee thru Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/254233171509

In closing of the search for the correct info about my cell signal band supplied to me here in Eagle River Alaska I would like to share with you some very interesting facts about the history and evolution of cell phone speed.

Since my last post I have discovered that the R2 is actually ahead of its time with LTE supporting VoLTE supporting coming 5g platform. LTE uses a different protocol that allows multiple forms to simultaneously stack (other providers) and is better than GSM because data is delivered in packets which is more faster.

H+ refers to Evolved High Speed Packet Access (HSPA+). There are five releases of this technology, each of which provides significantly greater download speeds than the previous version.

Release 6 brought a maximum speed of 14.4 Megabits per second, Release 7 upped that to 21.1 Megabits per second, Release 8 increased it further to 42.2 Megabits per second, Release 9 took it to 84.4 Megabits per second, before it topped out with Release 10 at a maximum speed of 168.8 Megabits per second.

The first public 4G networks in the world came online in Stockholm and Oslo in 2009, and other countries slowly joined them in following years. In the U.K., the nationwide rollout occurred in 2014, while in the U.S., most of the largest cities now have the network.

Most of these networks use the Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard, though some — including Sprint in the U.S. — are using the less-common Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) standard. In Europe and North America, most carriers will be dropping WiMAX by the end of 2017. 

For the end user, the differences between the two are negligible. The biggest shortcoming of WiMAX is that not enough carriers adopted it to make it viable, thus making LTE the de facto standard. Why did carriers choose against WiMAX adoption? WiMAX networks don’t support legacy systems like 2G and 3G, while LTE is compatible and enables co-existence and easier roaming. LTE has a higher maximum speed, especially as the next-gen LTE-A starts to rollout. Speeds on 4G will soon be able to go 1 Terabit per second.

The need to amplify my cell signal at home sparked all this off. After much research I have decided that the SolidRF 2nd Version Cell Phone Signal Booster is the best deal new at $199.00 if your trying to support multiple carriers.

Also wanted to add from what all I have read it seems it is best to leave Roaming on when not roaming out of US.