Why do I no longer get the voicemail symbol when i miss a call?

rockclimbermirockclimbermi Clarkston, MIPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

The little recorded message symbol that I used to get when someone leaves me a voice mail is no longer showing up. I can still retrieve messages, but I have no idea if someone left me a message unless I go into my voicemail and check. Does anyone know how to turn this back on?

Answers

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Might be an issue with your carrier not sending the proper notification.

• rockclimbermirockclimbermi Clarkston, MIPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

You would think that since my phone recorded a message, that it would know I got one and to put up the symbol. Or do these messages not get recorded on the phone?

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If your carrier supports visual voicemail and you have it enabled and the app installed on the phone, then there is a possibility that it automatically downloaded the visual voice mail to the phone.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

No, the voicemail is connected to the sim through the carrier, and stored on the carrier's servers. The phone acts as a bridge between you and the carrier.

I would advise contacting your carrier and asking them directly. You may or may not get a logical answer from them, but if the problem continues (after contacting your carrier first), one thing that may or may not cure it, is replacing the sim card with a new one. I have seen where that has cured similar issues in the past.