Axon M hotspot not turning on

bluefields73bluefields73 United StatesPosts: 7 ✭✭

The hotspot on my Axon M is not turning up. I recently switch from AT&T to metro PCS. Everything works fine on the phone, voice, text, internet, media messaging etc but not the hot spot. Neither Metro pcs, att or ZTE can't tell me what the problem could be or how to fix it. This is the message I get everytime I try to turn on hotspot:

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,812 admin

@bluefields73 If you are 100% positive that you have the correct APNs added on to the device there may be a limitation on a carrier unlocked device that is preventing hotspot from working.

As with all carrier unlocked devices, there is a chance that certain features may not work when moving to a different carrier.

• bluefields73bluefields73 United StatesPosts: 7 ✭✭

It shows metro pcs APN which was added automatically when switch and I am assuming that the info is correct since everything else is working, but I am wondering if I should add T-Mobile's APN instead since now they are the "same" network, but Im not sure how to do it or if it is possible

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

unfortunately, ATT branded device has ATT software on it where it locked hotspot functionality to only ATT network. Even if the phone is unlocked so you can use it to make call and use data on other network, you still won't be able to use the hotpot function. You can see others posted on ATT forum regarding to this issue.

• Mercadobige2015Mercadobige2015 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

Well that really sucks. I wish I would have known about this before purchasing axon m.