Screen Turns Off

SystemSystem United StatesPosts: 16 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Axon 7 - 3 major gripes - Are you listening ZTE and working on a fix?.

Comments

• Aej271Aej271 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone please help me with my phone. When I quit touching the screen it goes black almost immediately. Can you tell me what I can do ?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,954 admin

@Aej271 check the phone screen timeout in settings to make sure it is not set to a very low number.

• Swipe down from the top of the screen. This will pull down the Notification Shade.
    • Tap the Settings gear button. 
    • Tap Display. 
    • Tap Screen Timeout.
    • Tap to select the length of inactivity you want your screen to timeout at. Try changing it to a higher number.

• EllieNeoEllieNeo United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

"screen timeout" isn't there. this happens with my phone, too. any other way to fix it?

• TwidgetteTwidgette United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Hi, my display/screen goes black within 3-seconds unless I keep my finger on the screen. I've gone through all my settings individually and there is NO display timeout. I like this phone but this feature which is "normally" standard is missing. Is there a patch or something that can part of the next update?

Thank you!

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 70 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2019 10:14PM

@Aej271 @EllieNeo @Twidgette What model of Axon 7 are you guys using? As in, is it the A2017U model (for USA) or is it an international variant (such as A2017G) or an Axon 7 Mini? Also, what version of Android are you guys running? You can see your model number and android version by going to settings and then scroll all the way down and go to "About Phone."

I'm using an Axon 7 model A2017U running Android version 7.1.1. On my phone, in settings and under display, there's a setting called "sleep." When I click on it, it gives me an option to choose from 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, and Never. Your screen will turn off after being inactive for the amount of time you select.