Right screen sits above left screen

zachrj92zachrj92 CanadaPosts: 1

Hi all, just received my Axon M from amazon, enjoying it so far. However, the right screen while open, sits roughly 1 or 2 mm above the left screen if that makes sense. Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,210 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not too sure if you meant physically the right screen is a little higher than the left or that the software UI element is not aligned (ie if you have a bar across the two screen, they do not lined up perfectly). Maybe post a picture. I guess the first obvious thing to do is make sure the software is up to date (you would need ATT sim card to do so if you have the US model).

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Was the device purchased new or used?

Also, are you able to take a photo of the issue?

if not, then with teh device facing you, is the misalignment on the X, Y, or Z axis?

• desrosiers13desrosiers13 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same thing as the original poster if they are referring to UI. The right image is about a pixel or 2 higher than the left display if we use the example of a strait line spanning across both screens. Do you find the same thing? I’ll see if I can post photos in a couple hours after work.

• desrosiers13desrosiers13 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019 12:17AM

Here are a couple photos I took. I really examined my phone and noticed the right display definitely sits physically higher than the left making the UI look uneven. So in my case it happens to be hardware and not the software.

I have also watched a few reviews and some look similar with only one commenting that they noticed the same anomaly. Though, it could absolutely be the norm. As I mentioned before, it appears only 1-2 pixels in height. Not a huge deal but surely cannot unsee it.

This stripe wallpaper may not be the best example. I figured I would try it to see if it helped to show what I see. More noticeable in person, but I think it’s very apparent on the chrome photo with the top edge of the white box.

• juuni85juuni85 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I've actually noticed the same thing.. Not immediately, but maybe after a half a day or less of usage. It's most telling when you're holding it landscape, a little bit less when holding it in portrait. But like you said, it's hard to not notice it constantly after seeing it once.

I'm not sure if it bugs me to the point of getting rid of the phone. I love that it's a smaller device, but can whip out to a 6.75" when desired. I don't like that it most likely will never have 5G. I've actually briefly wondered if it was possible to take a small hammer to the right side and attempting to knock it down ever so slightly lol.

What I wish more than this is that ZTE will start supporting this again now that the Fold and the Huawei Mate X are coming out...