Looks like my battery on Axon 7 is finally dieing

martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 78 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I guess I have to figure out what to do about my Axon 7.

The unit I have is a replacement I received last July.

My problem is this. I live in Brazil and i would have to send the phone to a friend, who would then forward it to ZTE to exchange, get back and then ship it to a friends hotel when they arrive in the USA late September., then Bring it back to me. Just hopefully it gets to them at the hotel. OR Order a battery, somehow get it here, and then have someone here change the battery for me.

I love my phone, but is it time to upgrade? Get something new but sounds just as good?

Right now I get a little over an hour of use with out charging the phone. Right now a battery tester shows Battery health at 15%. This was a sudden change in strength. I have cleared cache.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin in Brazil

Comments

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 423 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow its how old? 3 years? 15% battery health is ****. cant get ZTE to put a new battery in it? I'm sure they would make sure to take several weeks time and charge you a lot too. Probably better to just back up everything and get a phone that doesnt suck ****. Maybe their support staff can give you some insight in a way to fix this? maybe its bad charging so its killing the health but you can cycle it back? I dont know.

• AngusAngus Mr AustraliaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

It's alsays good to let the manufacturer repair the phone for you, but if you think it's too much of an effort to send it over nand get it back then I would suggest you to not bother. Replacing the battery is actually quite easy and doesn't take much skill. I just changed mine myself 2 weeks ago and it felt like I got a brand new phone. It really works wonders! Also saves you money from getting a new phone since a new battery only costs $15 USD. You can also get people to replace it for you if you're not confident enough but that doesn't cost much either.

So my suggestion is just to replace the battery either by yourself or some repair shops.

• martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 78 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going to do the battery replacement from the company. I will have just enough time for the phone to make its journey from Brazil to NY, NY to ZTE, ZTE to NY and NY to friends Hotel before they return back to Brazil.

I am just surprised how low the battery capacity has been because this phone is a 1 year replacement from the company in the first place.

It will be a long month without it lol

Martin