Introducing The ZTE Axon 10 Pro

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited StatesPosts: 1,413 admin
edited November 4, 2019 10:00PM in Axon 10 Pro

It's here!! ZTE USA is proud to announce the release of the new ZTE Axon 10 Pro!! 

ZTE Launches its Latest Flagship Smartphone, the Axon 10 Pro, in U.S. Market

Next-generation device features a premium design, top-end specs, and an overall performance that gives consumers the best value of any “flagship” smartphone

The Axon 10 Pro features a sleek, elegant design and a brilliant display. Luxurious materials combined with a 3D curved glass front display and back cover give the Axon 10 Pro a fashionable look and ‘top-shelf’ feel. Beautifully designed inside and out, the device is packed with all the specs consumers expect in a flagship device, while maintaining an affordable price point. The new device provides ultra-fast, seamless performance and starts at only $549—a fraction of the cost of other devices in its category. 

Fast, with Massive Memory and a Battery to Keep You Going 

Equipped with performance of the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 octa-core processor, large memory (8 or 12 GB), ample storage 256 GB on device, and up to 2 TB of additional storage with an SD card, the Axon 10 Pro provides not only a faster smartphone experience, but it gives you space to grow. Plus, with a large 4,000 mAh battery and uniquely customizable battery software, the Axon 10 Pro enables consumers to truly experience life without having to stop for a charge even with heavy use, all day, and all night. 

The Axon 10 Pro is the ideal device for consumers who are increasingly frustrated by the rising cost of today's flagship smartphones that feature only minor performance enhancements. Supporting the F2FS file system, combined with the smarts to learn your behaviors, this highly intelligent device performs even better over time. Also, the Axon 10 Pro’s software is one of the purest executions of Google’s Android OS on any smartphone available. It will launch with Android P and the company will provide an update to the next major release of Android before the end of the calendar year.

Have More Fun with the AI Triple Rear Camera and Stunning Sound 

The Axon 10 Pro features a large 6.47-inch screen that is the first to ever bring on-cell display technology to AMOLED with touchscreen onto a quad-curved display. This ensures a thin, easy to hold smartphone with more screen. With AI Portrait Lighting Adjustment, AI Motion Capture and AI scene recognition, the Axon 10 Pro brings all the benefits of AI to picture-taking. This makes it the ideal canvas to show off the perfect selfies and videos captured on your Axon 10 with optical and digital zoom, 20x, smart tracking, new portrait types, and other modes all optimized by artificial intelligence. 

The Axon 10 Pro also features DTS:X® Ultra 3D sound, which provides a stunning on-the-go concert experience through the in-ear headphones included in-box. Alternatively, you can hear and optimize the sound through its dual speakers, for a center-stage experience in the comfort of your own home. Either way the Axon 10 Pro offers exceptional sound quality for videos and music. Your Axon 10 Pro has also been optimized to enhance the gaming experience, ensuring games load quickly and play smoothly.

Pricing and Availability 

The Axon 10 Pro will be available to pre-order in the U.S. starting August 28 through participating retailers such as Newegg Inc. and B&H Photo, as well as directly from ZTE (USA) via its online store at zteusa.com, B&H and Newegg. 

The device is available with 256GB of storage and an option to select 8GB or 12GB of RAM. The devices will have a MSRP of $549 and $599 US, respectively. Devices are packaged with a TPU case, in-ear headphones, 3.5mm to USB-C adapter, and charger.

Axon 10 Pro Specifications

Design:

• 3D curved glass on front display and back cover
  • High strength aluminum alloy frame
  • Non-porous design on back for smooth rear camera housing
  • 7.9mm total thickness

Memory:

• Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Mobile Platform ensures fast response times, smooth multitasking and provides a great user experience 
  • 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM, or
  • 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM
  • Micro SD (up to 2TB)

Screen:

• The Axon 10 Pro is the first smartphone to integrate AMOLED and touchscreen into curved display
  • Corning ™ Gorilla Glass on front and back of device
  • "Chip on Pi" enables the device to have a reduced bottom bezel and a larger screen and provides more antenna room under the display for a stronger network signal
  • 92% screen-to-body ratio*
  • 6.47" FHD (2340 X 1080)

Sensors:

• In-display fingerprint sensor
  • Facial recognition
  • RBG sensor to adjust temperature of screen indoors, outdoors, or in reading mode

Software:

• Stock+ OS and major Android update scheduled 
  • App launch intelligence
  • Apps load 30% more quickly
  • AI enables "anti-aging" and "memory optimization" that the Axon 10 Pro make the device run faster and more consistently 
  • F2FS: a modern file system designed to optimize storage and memory

Triple Rear Camera:

• Zoom: 8MP Telephoto Camera; Super Night view
  • 48MP; f/1.7, 6P lens, 1.6um
  • 20MP 125° Wide angle
  • 3x optical; 20x digital zoom
  • Dual LED-Flash pack
  • Bokeh; 20MP AI portrait bokeh 
  • AI Portrait Lighting Adjustment; AI Motion Capture; AI scene recognition; Supports Google Photos

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back ZTE. Nice looking phone you've got there.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looking good; welcome back ZTE!

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Finally, we get the new Axon 10 pro. It looks like a winner to me. Great looking, Great specs and Great price! Thank you ZTE and welcome back!!

• eminayeminay United StatesPosts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any other details about the USB Type C connector? Assuming at least 3.0 speeds (5Gbps). Any video out capabilities?

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking phone!!

Great specs!!

And wow the price is awesome!!

Welcome back!!!

And what a come back, great looking device!!

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 190 ✭✭✭✭✭

A truly amazing looking phone! 😍

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 11:45AM

I wish I could have waited. LOL. I knew this was coming. The rumors were true. It was just a matter of when. I knew nobody here who knew could have said anything. LOL. Good job bringing at least the 4G variant to the US. I predicted around the same time of year as the A7 launch. We'll see: 1) How will it sells despite stores like Best Buy deciding not to sell ZTE stuff any more, 2) How well it is marketed and Hyped up compared to the competition and beyond this forum and the website, 3) I am guessing those who still have not upgraded from their A7 will Upgrade to the A10PRO because they want a more current supported smartphone, and those that couldn't wait for the A10Pro to come out like me unfortunately and have moved on (doesn't mean I won't be involved here), just to see what happens with the phone and see how it is, and there are people whom have moved on, but will probably buy the A10Pro anyway because they either like switching phones, or want to try it out, or couldn't wait for the A10Pro to be released, but now that it is...... For me personally when the condition of my A7 went from bad to worse (It's useable, but barely as a backup phone), I couldn't wait this long for the A10Pro to come out so I ended up with a 1+7Pro 256 Gig Internal 8GB Ram. That phone is awesome. If I was a phone switcher, or had the mulah to buy multiple cell phones, a A10Pro would be on my list. But unfortunately it is not. When it is time to upgrade form my 1+7Pro for whatever reason, I'll see what is available then to decide whether I go back to a ZTE Flagship, or stick to whatever the latest 1+ phone is available at the time. Which leaves me with 2 unanswered questions about the A10Pro in the US. 1) Will it come with the same Passport 2.x style warranty that the A7 had when released in the US?, and 2) I know they at least promised the Android Q (now called Android 10) update sometime before the end of the year maybe, but is there any kind of official update schedule as far as features, security patches/bulletins (like the monthly ones Google puts out), and how long at least from a software or security standpoint does ZTE plan to support this phone in the USA. Will it get whatever Android R is (which is already in development)? will it get Security updates every month, every other month, every three months and for how long? I did mention the Passport 2.0 Warranty that the A7 had. That was a 2 year cover everything except theft and loss and water damage minus reasonable deductibles on things like screen replacements, and if need be refurbished models when they become available and are kept in stock. So to conclude we'll see what happens. I know ZTE made some mistakes and still has a long road ahead, but it isn't Hauwei as far as the US is concerned even though sometimes unfortunately they get bundled together. AS 5G grows in the US if ZTE other that prepaid is only doing unlocked, I hope as the 5G bands get more standardized, I hope ZTE plans to release a future 5G phone or the 5G version of the A10Pro in the future. Thanks for reading and thanks ZTE for deciding to keep this community alive and to keep selling your flagship killer priced flagship specked phones outside of your unrelated Nubia brand in the USA.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Specs and price look great for the A10 Pro!

Congrats to ZTE on the official launch of a new flagship in the USA.

I'm off to check out some of the new unboxing videos already posted on YouTube.

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

YESSS finally zte is back. Is there going to be a beta group or device testing for this? Also, will the bootloader be unlockable?

• Destr0yer92Destr0yer92 SwedenPosts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 2:00PM

Hey! Is there a Z-community where we can give feedback/provide discussion for international users? So far I can only find the German and American one. The ZTE 10 Axon Pro looks promising, but I'm worried for how long ZTE will support it with updates.

Also is there a separate thread for feedback/request on the ZTE 10 Pro on this forum? :)

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,413 admin

Unfortunately this community is only for devices in the US market. I would suggest going to the main ZTE page at https://www.ztedevices.com if you need to ask a question, need advice or make a suggestion for your specific ZTE device.

• Destr0yer92Destr0yer92 SwedenPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

Ah, that's a shame, many manufactures like Oneplus, Asus, Xiaomi, Samsung etc got some sort of global community were you can get feedback from the actual software developers. In my country there's just a basic ZTE support with no direct contact with the developers...

Oh, well there are other phones :)

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,413 admin
    edited August 28, 2019 2:21PM

No reason to give up! You are more than welcome to ask your question in the Other Products section. Android is Android everywhere and Hardware is the same. Everyone here; including our ambassadors and community members would be willing to help if they can. The only thing we might not be able to help with is a device we have never seen before and even then if it is a software or hardware issue we will do our best and tell you if we can't figure it out. Another issue that we might not be able to assist is with carriers and bands that are not local to the US. Please click the highlighted link above and ask any question you want. There is nothing to lose..

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 2:24PM

Like @Aerospaceman says we are all here.

To talk technology!!

You are more than welcome to stay!!

@Destr0yer92

• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am very happy to see ZTE back. To bad I could not wait as my axon 7 just could not keep up anymore. I moved to the galaxy S10+. My hopes is that ZTE is successful and by the time I am ready for a new phone , I can get a ZTE. @sshasan @Aerospaceman Thank you guys for being my support over the years. And if you ever need any testers. I am your man.

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can't wait to own this device!

• swehesswehes Project Manager United StatesPosts: 111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had to move on as well as my Axon 7 have up about a month ago. Went with the 1+7. Wished I could have waited.

• dr.mdr.m AustinPosts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm certainly interested in the Axon 10 Pro, but likely to wait for the 5G version. So just when will the 5G version be here?

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There isn't any news as to when the 5G version will be available in the US.

• zzhangpzzhangp Posts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a previous Axon 7 owner, I'm really excited to see Axon Pro 10 finally get release on US market. I already pre-ordered on B&H. One question I have is about the warranty. Does it still come with Passport 2.0 support?

Passport 2.0 was discontinued with the Axon 7. The Axon 10 Pro comes with a 1 year manufacture warranty.

• jonathan3579jonathan3579 Houston, TXPosts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know a software update to Android 10 is planned before the end of the year but what about support after that? Or even security patches?

• shoman94shoman94 MainePosts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will it be TMobile certified for use of VoLTE and their exclusive US Cellular roaming?

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it works perfectly with T-Mobile VoLTE and there should be an issue with the roaming as long as you have one of the T-Mobile post-paid plans that supports it.

I'm guessing the non-answer here is the answer.

What are you wanting? A day by day, month by month plan of updates? We know the device will be updated to Android 10 by EOY.

edited September 7, 2019 1:00PM

No need to be snarky about it. Plenty of other manufacturers have clearly laid out paths for updates such as monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly security patches and/or 2 years of OS updates, etc.. 🙄

I apologize. At this time we know that Android 10 will be out before EOY. As soon as we get any info on any sort of updates(MR's & Security Patches) we will get it up here.

• dwbostondwboston Posts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

How is the RF signal reception on the Axon 10? That was my biggest complaint with the Axon 7 - it had really poor signal reception. I loved everything else about the 7, but the poor reception led me to sell it.