transfer photo from text to Gallery

wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 44 ✭✭✭✭

I have an axon 7 mini. I received a photo in a text, that I would like to keep. Is there a method to transfer that photo to the Gallery?

Thanks for your consideration. Al

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

i don't have A7 mini but typically, if you tap on the picture (or long press it), you would see the option to save it.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,006 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Adding to your already reply.

By tapping or long press (as mentioned by @samsamha depending on messenger) , you'll be able to see " 3 dots " on your Right top corner, Tap that if shows, and there should be option to Save.

• wintawinta bellaire, texasPosts: 44 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks. But I didn't quite get it in the gallery of pictures. Now, however, it is my wallpaper.!? So, how do I move it from wallpaper to the gallery app?

By the way, I found the 3 dots in a vertical line. I tapped it and nothing happened. I don't know why and I don't even know how the photo got to be wallpaper, or how to get rid of the wallpaper.

Thanks for trying. I'm a dinosaur.

Al

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@winta

People love dinosaurs.

If you see it on the wallpaper, then the picture is most likely saved in the "Download folder". If you open the File Manager, and go to the "Downloads" folder, you may see the picture there.

If not, here are the screenshots that I took using Axon 7 here (not the mini) so the setting and the UI can be slightly different.

But in the text, you just long press the image you want to save and then you will see the 3 dots icon.

Tap it, and you will see Save

Then, open gallery app, tap album and you should see the picture saved in the download folder

As for your wallpaper issue, just long press the home screen and you should see wallpaper that you can change it.