Camera stabilization

toukkamtoukkam FinlandPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

Hello people!

I'm wondering if ZTE is ever going to implement some kind of eletronic image stabilization for shooting videos or images with the telephoto lens. Now the video comes out really shaky and the telephoto images always blurry.

On the camera app there is the live image option which almost always gives a better looking result with the stabilization than the saved image, and I'm wondering why couldn't this be used to improve camera quality.

Anyway otherwise I'm happy with this phone but the lackluster software for camera should be fixed.

Comments

• axaxsaxaxs United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭

Same boat. I find it rather absurd EIS is missing from video, especially. I too noticed live images are indeed stabilized, making this even more of a headscratcher. I really hope ZTE addresses this, we shall see...

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2019 7:24PM

While the Camera doesn't have EIS the Axon 10 Pro does have a stabilization feature that can be added in post when you edit the video in its gallery app. I learned this courtesy of @mobilegeezer

https://youtu.be/7-T0F8-J4xI

• toukkamtoukkam FinlandPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

The gallery app is from Google and the stabilization can be done on any android device, but still it's really inconvenient to have to stabilize each and every video manually. And sometimes the stabilization results in large distortions and artifacts in the video.

The original Pixel (my old phone) handled videos amazingly with EIS, and the zoomed in shots rarely came out shaking.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I never take videos with my phone but you could try some third-party camera apps that offer video stabilization. I checked and the Google Camera app I use has an option for that and so does Open Camera. However, since I never take videos I'm not sure how well these options would work, but it's worth a try.