Aggressive Task/App Killing...Music Apps Keep Getting Killed!

xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 7, 2019 5:23PM in Axon 10 Pro

Ok, so I'm a bit of a gym rat. I use earbuds and my Axon 10 Pro in the gym. I've found that this phone kills apps way too aggressively. I've tried 2 different music apps, iHeartradio and my normal music player, and with both of them, the phone kills them after about a minute of the screen turning off. With BOTH apps, I have gone into app settings/battery settings, and instructed the phone to "NOT OPTIMIZE" the battery usage, and I also set the background restriction to "background usage can't be restricted". Nevertheless, the phone kills the apps after the screen shuts off. Even if I leave the apps open (on the screen) when I push the power button to turn the screen off. So I think this app lock function doesn't work correctly on the Axon 10 Pro. Maybe a bug.

On my Oneplus 6 and 7, I can go into recent apps while the music app is running, and touch the top part of the app and a menu opens that allows me to "LOCK" the app open. This works great....on the OnePlus devices. One locked, the Oneplus does not allow me to swipe closed the app from the recent apps screen...since I locked it. Duh. I can do the same thing on the Axon 10 Pro, but even tho the app shows as "Locked", I can still swipe it away, and the system still will kill the app after a minute or 2 after the screen turns off.

This is maddening. Can someone please give me some help on this matter? Thanks!

Comments

• xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nevermind. I think I might have figured it out!

• xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strike that. It didn't work. There is definitely a problem with this phone not allowing apps to run in the background without closing them.

• amoot329amoot329 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Just to add my experience. I'm typing this on my laptop while my phone is laying on the table. The screen is off and I have iHeartradio playing. Been playing for a few songs and it hasn't killed the app yet. I'm not sure how you have your setup as??

Currently I have the Always On Display to show all the time, does that make a difference (not sure). Also I have iHeartradio with a permanent notification whenever it is actively playing. Also I have a few of the special gestures active such as double tap to wake, face unlock. Maybe all those options help keep the phone in an active state(??).

Another possibility, which I had to find out the hard way, if you have your phones bootloader unlocked (yes I know it voids the warranty) but I require more control over the phones I own. If I'm buying it outright, I don't see why I shouldn't have complete control of it. When you use a certain bootloader unlock method, it allows fastboot commands but after the procedure is done, the file with fastboot messes with the system itself. I was having lots of weird issues such as SD Card kept getting re-scanned, to the point where it corrupted the card. Also I would randomly lose my internal storage, no access to pictures, taking pictures, stored ringtones. I followed another forums guide and reflashed the original/stock file without fastboot. Everything is smooth so far!!

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've definitely encountered some instances where it kills an app in the background too aggressively but not with a media player. Do you have "Adaptive battery" turned off in the battery settings?

I feel like that stopped most of the aggressive nature and I listen to Spotify for at least an hour every evening with Bluetooth or wired headphones while going for a walk and don't seem to have any issues with it getting killed off.