Z982 - Fingerprint: "Finger moved too fast. Please try again."

PepesilviaPepesilvia United StatesPosts: 1

So, I'm pretty sure my fingerprint censor is broken. But, it came out of nowhere, so I'm hoping there's something software wise that may be able to fix it. Basically, my fingerprint censor reads my finger enough to know that I'm trying to use it, my phone will vibrate to let me know my finger isn't working. When I go to reset my fingerprint some times it will work, but more often than not I get the message in the title no matter how slowly and unmvoing my finger is.

Any ideas?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried to clean the FP sensor area? Maybe use a high percentage alcohol and a cotton swab to wipe it to remove any potential residue and then rescan the finger again to see if that helps.

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 143 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do what @samsamha mentioned above first by gently cleaning the sensor area to see if that helps solve the issue.

Wanted to add that when you do use the fingerprint sensor, make sure your hands/fingers don't have any sweat, dirt, grease, or water on them as the sensor will have difficulty reading your fingerprint. With it having a glass-back, grime may start to build up quickly as you handle the phone, which could then get transferred onto the fingerprint sensor, so it's also a good idea to clean the phone periodically by wiping it down with 90% (or higher) rubbing alcohol.