How to delete widgets on ZTE Max phone

addermcaddermc United StatesPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭

Been told to long press widget and move it to trash can icon. Except when I did that multiple times no trash can icon appeared and I've got alot of them and phones dragging bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Answers

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 143 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 9:56PM Accepted Answer

It appears you're not actually using any widgets though, at least none that are visible in the picture you posted above on the screen that you're currently displaying. Those are just a list of widgets that can potentially be used if you choose to do so by selecting it and placing it on one of your launcher screens. If a widget(s) isn't being used then it shouldn't really be taking up any system resources.

If you don't want it to appear in that list at all, then you will need to delete the app that corresponds to that particular widget. However, some apps can't be uninstalled, which means you won't be able to get rid of its widget from that list either. Looking at your picture above, from what's visible on page 4/5 of your available widgets, I believe you won't be able to uninstall the Google Play Music app (there are two different-sized widgets for it), the ZTE music player app (there are also two different-sized widgets for it), and the Photo Gallery app. Not sure about the Night Owl app but I believe you would be able to uninstall that app if you want to, which would then also delete its three different-sized widgets from that list.

• addermcaddermc United StatesPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Okay so I get this straight the widgets at the bottom of the photo are Not consuming storage space and those can Not be removed, UNLESS I uninstall the app associated with them? Correct so far?? The ones upon those are on my home screen and I know how to mess with those there. Reason I've been pursuing this I was told by article writers from tech sites to delete them they take up a lot of storage space and I'm desperately trying to get some. Have SD card for portable storage how can I change from portable storage SD card to internal storage SD card using same SD card,is That possible??? Thanks.

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 143 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2019 2:50PM Accepted Answer

I think those tech sites you were reading were probably referring to removing widgets from your launcher screen(s) so that it would free up RAM, thus helping to reduce any possible lagging that may be occurring. Those widgets in that list from your picture, as long as you don't have them placed on any of your launcher screens, should not be taking up any RAM. It appears you currently have 7 launcher screens and we're only able to see 1 full screen and parts of 2 more screens so make sure you don't have any widgets placed on any of those other screens.

I'm not sure which ZTE Max phone you have but I believe it most likely has 2 GB of RAM so you will want to limit the amount of apps you keep open. If you're not using an app at a given moment, it's probably best to fully close it so that it's not running in the background and only open it when you need to use it. This way an app that you're currently using will have more RAM available for it to use and should help in reducing lag.

I just now noticed you have the google widget at the bottom on the screen to the right of the screen you're currently displaying in your picture. Not sure how I missed it earlier, but you should be able to remove it from that screen by long pressing it and dragging it to the remove/trash can icon at the top. You won't be able to uninstall the Google app, which means the widget will still appear in the list of available widgets to use, but the widget should at least be able to be removed from that screen.

I've never used an SD card as internal storage myself so I don't have any personal experience using it. However, there's plenty of articles about it online. Just type in "use sd card as internal storage" or something similar into any search engine. One thing to keep in mind is that the phones internal storage will always be faster than an SD card and some apps will be prohibited to be able to be moved to the SD card by the app developers. Also, the quality and speed of the SD card you will be using is going to make a huge difference.

Answers

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on the launcher, sometimes you will see trash icon, remove, X, or something similar on the top of the screen when you long press an icon on the home page.

Hey, thanks for actually leaving comment. But unfortunately there's not any type of icon showing up. I'll long press hated widget,it picks up and can move it around,but no trash icon appears. And still using the default google launcher came in phone. I'd leave screenshot Except, now I'm out of storage. Even though I deleted every picture and video.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,041 admin

@addermc The default Google widget is one that cannot be removed on the ZMAX series.

What widget(s) are you trying to remove?

Sorry to answer back so late.im trying to delete a bunch of widgets from apps, I guess I can't take a screenshot,cause notification says not enough storage fo save screenshot

Still need help with stupid widgets NOT on home screen. I guess its widgets drawer.there multiple widgets for apps long press picks up,but there's no trash icon to discord it. Any help at all? I can't take screenshots keeps saying out of storage, even though I've deleted every damn thing under the sun on here.

any chance you could take a picture with another phone so we can see what you are seeing?

I wonder maybe you are looking at the app drawer as oppose to the home screen. If you need to free up the space by uninstall the apps (which would remove the app icon from the drawer as well), then can drag the app to uninstall, or do it under the setting.

Thanks for the response. Actually I've deleted every single app that I installed, and photos and videos and anything else I could find. All except the huge amount of crap apps boost crams in the phone pre installed. I don't know enough about uninstalling these to even attempt this. But try to screenshot keeps saying in notification storage almost full. But a night vision long range binocular app took and stored to phone 21 photos. How the hell is that possible. Getting very close to dumping my favorite phone. Thanks

It really would be helpful that you can post some pictures (as mentioned, you do not need to do a screenshot on the phone but use another phone or a digital camera and share it with us).

As mentioned, some preinstalled apps cannot be removed/uninstalled. You can go into Settings-->Apps-->tap on the 3 dots and select "Show System" to list all apps installed on the phone. Then, on the app list, you should be able to tap each individual app and see if you can uninstall the app from your phone.

I am not too sure what you meant by the binarcular app but I do not think that is an app came with the phone. I feel that it may be just much easier for you to do a factory reset so that the phone wipe off all of the data and then you can reconfigure it from scratch like it were when you first got it.

Okay I sent you a message by link, I guess I did. Now I'm Extremely Desperate for a way to Delete widgets. Cause my extremely smart **** Japanese sister commented"if you factory reset, what are you going to do when the widgets pile up again, another factory reset, every month"? NOW it's even worse. Philippino sister installed screenshot app and was able to get picture and said kinda like a challenge, couldn't be to me cause already know Complete dumbass to this stuff. She said now see if it helps the"Elementary school kids"? It's the ones at the bottom. Long press picks them up but no trash icon appears.those are ones trying to delete. Thanks

Wow,so I guess theirs no way to delete these,so I guess they just pile up until the storage is completely full from them and factory reset every month or so.SCREW THAT!! Tomorrow I'll go buy a new BRAND of phone. One that CAN DELETE EVERYTHING. Thanks to those that tried to help out. Apparently it's not possible according to the comments stated by"featured user of the month. Thanks again. Off to smash this phone.