Android 10 Still Planned By End of Calendar Year? Beta Program?

2»

Comments

• david_l312david_l312 Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll still be happy with an update Jan/Feb. My 2 year old LG V30 finally got version 9 around October. Frickin' after Google had released 10. LG is an embarrassment.

OnePlus is doing well though. Definitely helps to stick at close to stock as possible for faster updates. ZTE is still getting their feet back into the US market.

• onlydnlonlydnl GermanyPosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited January 11, 2020 2:47PM

Hey Guys! I got my Update Yesterday midnight. I hope you get yours soon!

• xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 74 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like this is the European 5G variant. Still nothing for the USA version.

Lots of problems so far with the new Android 10 Update. Download at your own risk.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-10-pro/how-to/geneueeaa2020gpro-v2-3-android-q-t4032799

• KyleKeetonKyleKeeton RussiaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be prepared to adjust to Android 10 changes by Google in the update. One of them is third part launcher issues with navigation. You will also be advised to adjust animation speed in developer options. It does help to lower to .5 from 1...

If you have rooted the phone, please reinstall the original OS and you will find that things are much better when you OTA update. TWRP recovery messes up everything. Also I have found that once updated, just reset the OS and clean the phone of junk. Save what you want to keep separately. Android 10 does not seem to play well with Android 9 and again that is a Google issue...

Boot loader unlocked will also break it for updating...

I suggest going into it with completely stock, including the launcher and it should be okay! I made sure that I even unfroze all apps I froze. Navigation does not bother me. I also reinstalled my launcher after updating. I use Lawnchair Beta launcher and have found nothing that upsets me yet...

Simply remember that anything that you have altered on Android 9 will most likely not play well with Android 10.

But Google has already fixed the 3rd party launcher/navigation issue. So the fact that it's not working on the Axon 10 Android 10 Update is very disappointing.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman United StatesPosts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see you again @musicdjm Thank you for the insite and hopefully it helps others realize that nothing is ever perfect.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@musicdjm Happy to hear from you again!

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Android 10 is now available to the public!

• GeneGJr77GeneGJr77 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭

im upset with ZTE they are going to bring Android 10 update to their Newer devices but their older devices made from 2018-2020 will not get an Android 10 update I have Android 9 on my ZTE Blade A7 Prime I would like to get a Android 10 update like everyone else ok ZTE YOUR A JOKE this is my last ZTE device I will every purchase

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@GeneGJr77 I think your anger is misplaced. The Blade A7 Prime is a Visible exclusive that was largely given away by Visible. For carrier exclusive phones the upgrade planning is handled by the carrier who has to commit resources on their end, and often partially fund development, as part of the process.

In defense of Visible the A7 Prime retailed for $99, was generally sold at $49 and was available for $0 with a trade-in. Can you name me a phone in that price range that received a major update to the OS after release?