Why does popping out videos sometimes soft lock my Axon 7?

I've had to get my Axon 7 replaced multiple times for various reasons, but the last one I received (which I am using right now) came with Android 8.0, which I was never able to upgrade to with any of the previous Axon 7 devices I had previously. I bring this up because I think that this is a developmental build and was never officially released, meaning that it is probably unfinished and buggy. Having Android 8.0 is wonderful, but having a randomly dysfunctional version of it can be quite annoying. The most annoying thing that has come from this is that sometimes when I try to pop out a YouTube video or a Twitch stream (most of the time, it's the latter), it will become impossible to interact with the video. Once I return to the app, I am unable to interact with the page and I cannot leave it. I can pull down my quick settings and notifications, but if I try to click on one to escape, it does nothing. I can't go home, I can't open my recent tabs, I can't do anything other than restart my device. At the very least, I would like to know what is causing this but if there is any way to fix this, I would greatly appreciate the help.