Migration to Facebook

peterruffopeterruffo United StatesPosts: 15 admin

As some of you already know, we have decided to migrate the community from our current platform to Facebook Community on our ZTE USA Facebook page. We came to this decision after a lot of thought and consideration, and we believe it is the best step forward for Z-Community. Additionally, migrating to FB will provide additional features and functionality to the community (FB Live, Watch Party, etc).

We are planning to complete this transition over the next month, and we will be creating new content for the community featuring ZTE in-house technology experts to discuss new products, industry trends, and other relevant topics. Over the next few days, we will launch the new community platform on FB, and over the next few weeks we will be announcing new products on the platform as well.

Stay tuned for more details, and please feel free to share your thoughts!

Peter

Comments

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good bye ZTE Community. Best of luck.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Peter. Let us know us know how to help.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,678 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When the move is made, will ZTE maintain the domain of the community URL to redirect to the facebook group for any who miss the announcement?

• peterruffopeterruffo United StatesPosts: 15 admin

@jasonscarter Thanks! Will do 😁

• peterruffopeterruffo United StatesPosts: 15 admin

Hey @razor512 thanks for the question. Yes, we will re-direct the community URL to the FB group after a period of time, probably mid-June or sometime around then. We will also start gradually moving things over, so it won't just be a sudden shift that people miss and can't find our new home

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 607 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked out the page, it needs a bit of an update, lol.

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 607 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

And, I just got my 4 year badge!

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,678 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder it would be possible for ZTE to download all forum data on the last day, before the move, or if allowed, an image of the server instance. It is always good to keep a copy whenever changing platforms, and depending on how the backups are offered, it can even allow for an internal interactive archive if someone at the company wants to run a local archive in a VM.

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It'll be sad leaving this community behind. I've been here since the very beginning. But I'll definitely be on the Facebook community as well.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020 6:26AM

Still think ZTE should have just out out a Android One device so people got their promised software updates. They have proven time and time again they can't stay committed even if they start off well or have the best intentions. They make such great hardware but are always lacking in software. Their software has come a long way thanks to input of the community. But they never really took a lot of the advice and lack of sales and rolling back of support for the community shows yet again, they are not serious enough about this market. Brett and Sam were the ones to push a lot of ideas forward and that is obviously gone now. The move to Facebook will just turn into posts and likes and no real community. Turning off the community just seems like a cost cutting measure.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The move to Facebook goes along with everything else. ZTE is dead in the US. I predict we'll see nothing but low-end (maybe mid) contract devices for carriers. ZTE has never gotten a foothold in the unlocked space and and even if the Axon 7 was on the way to doing so, the behavior or executive management got them the ban which stopped that progress. The Axon 10 Pro never gained traction and now that it is dead in the water anyone that knows anything (which are the people that buy unlocked phones) will not buy ZTE again after getting burned on updates, again.

With that context moving to Facebook is absolutely appropriate. Your friend who gets a ZTE phone from Visible or Boost is more likely to go looking on Facebook for help than they are in customer forums.

TL;DR: ZTE is dead for enthusiasts in the US. It is now a brand for pre-paid phone users who take the "free" phones from those carriers.