Moving to Facebook - Join the New Z-Community Page!

peterruffopeterruffo United StatesPosts: 25 admin

Hello everyone,

As many of you know, we are moving z-community over to our Facebook account under the Community tab. This will be our new home and our current platform here on Vanilla will no longer be accessible at the end of this month.

Please check out our new page on FB Community and join our group! 😁

The URL is https://www.facebook.com/groups/zcommunityusa/ and you can also find it by going to ZTE USA Facebook and then clicking on the Community tab.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So long and thanks for all of the fish! Not very active on FB so I will miss all of you.

• jcntjcnt United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭

I haven't seen much activity and real support here. Facebook most likely be even less active.

• peterruffopeterruffo United StatesPosts: 25 admin

@wiseman13 sorry to hear that. Hope you can join some of our live discussions we are hosting on Zoom for new products, industry topics, etc.

• peterruffopeterruffo United StatesPosts: 25 admin

@jcnt we are doing our best :) Have you joined our FB community page? 😎

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • AerospacemanAerospaceman United StatesPosts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

13 days and all the info and help in this community will disappear. What a shame. There are a lot of gigabytes of helpful information here for current and past products that users still have. There is no way that facebook can replicate a forum style with individual sections for each device and even deeper threads. I wish them the best but it will not be good on facebook. Just a bunch of idiots screaming about nonsense.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Only 36 people have joined FB group. Group doesn't even have ZTE in the name, so probably will be hard for people searching Facebook for ZTE groups to find it once the post here goes away directing them to it. Not very active yet either. I know it's officially Z Community, but no one is going to know to look for that with all the other ZTE things on Facebook.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For the current forum data, please make a backup copy, and if possible grab a server image or as much of the filesystem as possible.

Depending on what can be copied, if ZTE ever decides to host the forum on their own server or use a VPS, then it will be fast get it back up and running. (basically setting up the same layout for directories so scripts continue to function without changes. on the backend.

Overall it can be done cheaply while offering good performance.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think the resources they have put towards this community lately a backup is the last thing on their mind. Don't see them spending a dime on preserving anything for historical purposes. This forum content will be gone forever.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Usually with most hosting providers, it is free to grab a backup.

Overall it is a fast process and there is no harm in doing it. if they truly decide to not use it then it can be deleted without harm. But grabbing a backup copy keeps the opportunity available just in case someone decides to either host it on the same server as the ZTEUSA website, or if the company decides to pay for a VPS and restore the backup to the VPS.

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's July and we are not dead yet😉