It's the 7th, and we have no info (in the US)

The 7th was our last "logical" guess at when we'd receive more information on the US release of this phone.

Unfortunately, with all the information leaking on the new Nexus phones, the Axon 7 is starting to seriously lose its appeal for me. If you compare timelines of prior Nexus iteration leaks versus releases, it's not out of the question that we see Nexus phones shipping sometime in late August or early September.

Since there has been zero information for the US release of the Axon 7, and since it'll probably take about a month for them to actually ship from the pre-order dates, the potential release dates of all of these devices might end up being quite close to each other.

As a Nexus die-hard that would have 100% purchased an Axon 7 if it were released a month ago, this is slightly upsetting, and honestly a massively missed opportunity for ZTE.

Comments

• benjamin.hobbsbenjamin.hobbs Independence, ORPosts: 76

For the last two days, the stock ZTCOY has been halted... This happens when:

When a company is listed on a U.S. stock exchange, including NYSE, NYSE MKT, NYSE Arca, the NASDAQ Stock Market and the BATS Exchange, it agrees to notify the listing exchange about any corporate developments that could affect trading activity in its stock—before announcing them to the public. These developments can include:

• changes related to the financial health of the company;
    • major corporate transactions like restructurings or mergers;
    • significant positive or negative information about its products;
    • changes in key management individuals; and
    • legal or regulatory developments that affect the company’s ability to conduct business.
  • And how long does this process generally take?

• mikemadduxmikemaddux Austin, TX, USAPosts: 20

It seems like ZTE has hit some kind of a major snag in North America. I'm guessing that the news on July 13 won't be good.

The reason the US lifted the sanction temporarily on ZTE is a hint at something positive; it means they thought they had them, but then discovered they might not have what they thought, and I would not be surprised if the bigger companies are causing this trouble, they do not like it when competition enters the marketplace, and they want to make sure if competition does, that it gets off to a rocky start. Corporations fight dirty, the nation is corrupt and chalk full of foul play. That being said, I don't see this being a negative thing. I see this being a positive thing, and I would not be surprised if we see some legal action by ZTE filed against their false accusers. But then again I don't like losing, so I can only hope I didn't just lose $800 on 400 shares of ZTCOY before the day before the halt occurred.

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's happening on July 13?

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It seems odd to me that it is halted for 2 days.

I believe that is the 30 day anniversary for the ZTE sanction, if it expires and they don't lift the sanction completely, all imports and exports from ZTE in the US will be halted - but if they don't have any probably cause or evidence to not renew the lift, then it should be again temporarily lifted, or hopefully altogether lifted.

I might be wrong about it being about sanctions.

• mikemadduxmikemaddux Austin, TX, USAPosts: 20

There is going to be a community "webinar" on July 13.

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, right. Forgot.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,111 mod

Just a heads up theirs probably no need to keep creating a new thread every few days when the phone isnt annouced, there are many other threads this can be discussed on

• barbosasbarbosas Orlando, FLPosts: 153

Maybe the next thread will be Waiting, waiting and still waiting....

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@moderators ​ is there any method to consolidate these threads including this one, since they are similar?

Got to tired of waiting.

U.S. extends reprieve from export restrictions to ZTE

Waiting

Waiting and waiting

July 4th launch????

Thank You

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,412 admin

In an effort to consolidate threads, let's continue this conversation here Waiting and waiting.