Need input to reset google account on axon 7 - Totally frustrated

Hi Everyone,

I am in deep deep frustration after going through lot of pain points because of the kind of service zte is providing. First i would like to mention my problem, for which I am desperately looking for solution

Problem:  Recently my phone back cover was replaced by zte service guys, these unprofessional people have just handed over the phone by just replacing the back cover, now I am getting error in google 'This device was reset. To continue , sign in with a google account that was previously synced on this device'

I have tired below steps, with unsuccessful results.

1. Clearing user data, by done factory reset

2. trying to login with google account which was registered before

3. login to google account and try to factory reset (in this case google is not able to locate this  device

Any help is greatly appreciated, I just want to pass this phase and get my phone back in working condition.

I promise i will never buy a zte product in my life.

Answers

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you change your Google password?

• No, that has nothing to do with google password I feel. Actually when the back cover was replaced i think account sync has also gone.

I can login with my google account, but again i am getting message saying ' Login with orginal owner account '

• Background : My phone fell down while i was trying to take it out of my pocket, everything thing was working fine after that incident, i felt lucky and kept on using the phone. After 2 weeks or so power button stopped working on my phone so i decided to send mobile to service centre. This is the beginning of my frustrating journey, till that time i was happy with my axon.

To my surprise i learnt that zte will not provide free pick up and return post service (but zte claims that they have this VIP service ) i was disappointed but still i went ahead and sent mobile through post from my own money, after that i did not get any response for atleast a week later i get a replay saying that my phone is out of warranty(phone is just 4 months old) and they had produced a bill for 360 euros for repair of some screen damage and bent of back cover near power button. My frustration was reaching the limit since there was no screen damage that i was aware off. I kept my cool and asked them that zte claims of replacing screen damage free of cost in first 2 years. then they changed the bill and resent it with 163 euro claiming that screen change will be done in warranty and for replacing back cover it will cost 163 euros.

Everything was testing my patience and i already my hate redness for zte started growing. Since i like the phone also it is just 4 months old, like a fool i decided to go for repair by paying 163 euros. all these things took more than a month. today i got my phone back from them and my frustration really busted out

Power button and volume button in the newly replaced backcover shakes and is of not good quality on top of that i am not able to login to my phone

because of google account frp lock. I just need to login to my phone, someone please help me this time, later i will never be part of any zte products.

• flyerandyflyerandy Steamboat SpringsPosts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm 99% sure the issue is not ZTE's fault. Android phones have this feature as an anti-theft measure so that someone can't steal your phone and then wipe it and have themselves a shiny new device.

Try logging into your Google account and going to the Android Device Manager. This should allow you some control over your Axon 7 from Google's side. Not sure if it'll help you totally, but again I don't think ZTE can do anything for you as Google is standing in your way not ZTE.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

​ Good Evening. Where did you send your phone in for repair?

• I would have agreed to your statement if it was for some laptop where I had installed OS on my own. Here that is not the case.

ZTE is selling andriod phone and they should provide full service. What is my mistake here ? I did not steal any phone, first i paid 450 euros for phone then i again paid 163 euro to get this crappy service ? they should have atleast stated this problem before changing back cover. I would have gone for some other phone rather than repairing this phone.

• hi good evening,

Home | SolidCare4Mobile  they are authorised dealers for zte

• flyerandyflyerandy Steamboat SpringsPosts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I re-read your original post and I see you may have already tried my suggestion so I guess I was mistaken in adding that response...sorry about that... But to confirm - you did try Android Device Manager reset and wipe? It looks like you may have but that the Axon 7 couldn't be located? Was the wifi and/or mobile data connection working at the time?

I'm not saying you made a mistake...it's weird that it came back from repair totally reset. It sounds like the repair person did something shady though it's of course hard to say. The only other thing I can think of if the Android Device Manager can't reset the phone is to put ZTE's "update.zip" system image on an SD card in the root directory (I believe this ZIP is in the ZIP that you download...kind of a ZIP within a ZIP), put the SD card in your phone, and then flash the system image from recovery mode anew...but not sure if that'll even cure this problem...but it may be worth a try.

Sorry to hear what happened...no doubt this is incredibly maddening.

• ooklathemokooklathemok Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely empathize. I created a new gmail address just for an A7, only used it the one time and lost track of what it was along with its password. After one of the updates, the fingerprint scanner wasn't working and the solution was to do a factory reset. Apparently there are two methods of doing that and I picked the wrong one. Once it rebooted, it asked for the original gmail address used to initially set up the phone. I was unable to figure out whatever gmail address I used and the phone would not get past that step. I never found a way around it and haven't been able to use the phone since.

If only that were true... sadly, it isn't. Otherwise, anyone could just steal your phone, factory reset, and away they go. Google put in that new security feature.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

if your still having issues please contact ZTE UK and advise them of the issue, our support for non North American models are limited and if this was a service handled under the passport warranty then ZTE will work with you to resolve the issue.

Support - ZTE Devices UK

• I am here not to degrade zte or its products, i am here for the solution for my problem. Service centre where i sent was authorised service centre of zte, it is not some street side shop. why doesnt factory reset work ?? exactly this is what even i am asking. It was zte who gave me this service centre contact. so i dont know who else to be blamed here. I tolerated everything, my frustration busted when i saw this issue even after paying huge amount of 163 euros for a 6 month old phone. hope that clarifies.

• very sad..i can feel the agony, u might have been through

• I have sent the device back to that service centre to resolve this issue, unfortunately I had to again pay postage fee of 7 euros. I am just sharing my experience with zte service so that it will be of some help to other and they will not go through the same pain which I am going through. its all personal preference end of the day. It was my choice to go for axon by paying 50 euros extra when i still had 1plus 3 as an option. It was my choice to pay 163 euros for getting my phone repaired, while i could have managed by installing working around app which convert volume button as power button.  Even after all this i still feel that axon 7 is a very good phone.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Even if an app may get a workaround to use as a sort of power button, when the phone is off this will not work.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ I would reach out on http://www.ztemobile.de/forums/ the Global forum as this forum only supports the North American market. It sounds like either there some confusion about the situation or a difference in the policy abroad than here in the US as ZTE covers the shipping both ways and doesn't use that company to repair devices. With different policies, different team, forum and Country and everything its not likely anyone will really be able to provide you any information to help much.

Yeah. I still miss that device... even though I didn't have it very long and it's been a long time now since I was able to use it. Oh well.