**EMERGENCY** Feature requests

freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just kidding, it's no emergency, BUTTT I do have a few feature requests. Just hoping the title will get someone at ZTE to look.

For starters, THANK you for keeping this phone up to date with Android 7.1.1 and I hope you'll continue the trend with 7.1.2 and even 8.0.  But, going forward, I would like to request a few things:

-Allow quick tiles to be edited like stock android.  Now by edited, I mean the ability to remove them, and even use 3rd party apps to add more.  The quick tile feature has been largely gimped by ZTE with MiFavor and I have no idea why you would choose to remove the ability to modify the quick tiles like stock Android but PLEASE add this ability in.

-SystemUI Tuner OR Navbar features.  First of all thanks for including the ability to use the navbar.  However, it would be much more beneficial to be able to modify the navbar. Not just with icon positions but with the ability to add things like screen shot capability, notification shade pull downs, and more. Actually, I would prefer to just have a functioning SystemUI tuner like stock Android.

-Bluetooth device battery life. Another strange thing to remove.  Stock Android (yes this is an ongoing comparison) has the ability to view the connected Bluetooth device's battery life next to the status bar icon. Why would ZTE remove this? It is a fantastic feature that I grew very fond of on other devices.  PLEASE add this back in.

-Substratum overlay support OR a theme engine.   It seems very strange to able to only choose between TWO themes in MiFavor. PLEASE add full Substratum overlay compatibility or at least include a theme store like on the Chinese Axon 7 variant. This would be amazing and would no doubt make many users happy.  Also, if a theme engine is even considered, please update the engine to allow dark themes as well as more themeing options throughout the system. See here: [REFERENCE] LineageOS with full Substratum support  for more about Substartum

The Axon 7 is a fantastic phone and I would like to see it grow to be even better. Please consider these features for future software development, and as always. I'm definitely available to join the beta group! I do have the enhanced variant and am not sure how many enhanced variant users are in the program but......hey! just a thought.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Comments

• I agree that ZTE should add back all removed features from Stock Android 7.1.1 including the bluetooth battery indicator.

I don't care about theme engine because I use nova launcher and try out new theme icons from the play store.

• johnorionjohnorion New YorkPosts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too would also love to have all these removed stock features returned. At least ZTE didn't take away the dialer ... i mean .. who needs the dialer ..its not an important feature .. lets remove it

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot ​ so Ill share the love with him haha

I would love to see ALLL STOCK and not just the features of stock.

• beaugartbeaugart United StatesPosts: 126 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. I was super disappointed (and a little mad) that Nougat features were stripped from the Nougat update. I really wanted to use the quick tiles, and would have loved finer notification control. Basically, I updated to Nougat and got nothing I was expecting.

• 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

All the things mentioned are things that I honestly wanted on this phone as well! It's a great phone, no doubt, but I never saw the reason to take out those features to begin with. And I as well am willing to join any beta group as well. In fact, I tried but accidentally gave the wrong username for the nougat beta sign-up....