ZTE Max fingerprint hardware missing

I received a warranty replacement phone.  For some reason the fingerprint hardware is not installed.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  This is the only reason I purchased this phone.

Answers

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, welcome to the forum. What do you mean fingerprint hardware is not installed. Do you mean that it is not working or that it is completely missing from the device. If the fingerprint is not working, you could try to see if you can get it to scan your finger or maybe clear the cache and factory reset to see if you could get it to scan your finger.

BTW, which ZTE max model do you have? Are you sure it suppose to come with a fingerprint?

• I have the zmax pro.  The original phone I purchased the fingerprint scanner worked.  Now when I try to set it up it says hardware not available.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I see.

Try to clear the cache:

Settings---> Storage ---> Phone---> Cached Data -----> Clear Cached Data? ----> Ok

If that fail, then I would suggest to do a complete factory reset and see if that works.

• I've already done that

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do the factory reset again.  If the fingerprint sensor is not working contact ZTE, you may need ANOTHER replacement phone.

I am with MetroPcs so I can buy a discounted phone every 90 days.  So, I now have two Zmax Pro phones.  I use one with my unlimited plan and the other on wifi for Netflix and Spotify.  If one ever needs to go in for warranty service I can use the other one.

• asianrockerasianrocker ILPosts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's weird. Who and where did you get that warranty replacement phone? Coz that's where you should complain.

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEO United StatesPosts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn't you take it back to the store or contact ZTE where you got the warranty?