ZTE love for cricket ????

ZTE doesn't put out good phones threw cricket. The Axon 7 would have a good phone for cricket.

Answers

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Axon 7 is unlocked and will work on Cricket!

• beaugartbeaugart United StatesPosts: 126 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Axon 7 works great on Cricket! It's my daily driver.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on your price range you have ALOT of great options with Cricket and ZTE . If your going direct to the Cricket store the Grand X4 is a pretty decent device, 13mp rear camera, 5mp front camera, HD screen, fingerprint scanner and a large 3140 battery all for $79.99 thats a KILLER price thats hard to beat. My sister and her bf bought this phone a few months back when it was $99.99 and they love it. Then if you where looking for something more premium there is the Axon mini (unlocked device, works great with Cricket) which you can buy at most best buys and they are selling for $199.99 right now, then there is the Blade V8 Pro for about $229.99 and the Axon 7 of course

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Me and my wife both use Axon 7's on Cricket.  Work just fine.  If you are talking about the ZTE phones sold through Cricket stores/their website that is really up to them.  Cricket requests those devices specifically from ZTE to sell.  You really notice that the only high end devices they sell are iPhone 7 and Samsung Galaxy 7.  And I believe those are website only models.  Some bigger Cricket stores may have them in stock. 

If Cricket wanted a high-end ZTE phone, I am sure they could work on one together, but with Cricket being a GSM carrier, and unlocked phones working just fine, why not just buy unlocked?

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have also used my Axon 7 And 7 Mini on Cricket with no issues.  However we switched to T-Mobile since then.  Either way the Axon 7 should work on any GSM capable network.

• krazyfattskrazyfatts Washington DCPosts: 17

Why the switch?

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

because of there new plans that they released, Im using my tmobile sim on my Axon pro and cricket on my other devices. Cricket lowered the cost of there unlimited plan to $55 with auto pay and that was the only reason I didnt make the full switch to tmobile

I have 4 users, and unlimited data at $40/month was too good to pass up.  I used a friend's SIM to verify T-Mobile coverage was as good as AT&T (Cricket) in my area. 

• celticchryscelticchrys Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

Use the Axon 7 with a Cricket BYOP SIM. If you want a Cricket branded phone, complain to Cricket. Cricket decides which phones they directly sell, and which have their branding, not ZTE.

Thanks everyone for your input, I did buy the Axon 7 unlocked and use my cricket service and it works great I was just throwing the question out there other than the play store issue I'm good. Hopefully with the new Axon ZTE brings the pain.

The play store bug has been fixed.

I did not know that just yesterday I had to do the whole uninstall update thing that's great now we're official tissue.

You got it!  Great to see Google fix it up for us!