What things can harm the quickcharge 3.0?

I have been using my Axon 7 for quite a while. Some times the phone doesn't charge with the speed it has to. Are there any cautions while charging the phone?

Answers

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My biggest guess would be temperature. The phone will monitor the phone's internal temperature as well as the battery, as it is dangerous if the battery is at a high temperature when charging too fast. The charging also slows down when you're using the phone, but that's to be expected with all phones. You'll most likely notice it charge at a slower pace if you have the screen on and using it for gaming, GPS, or any processor intensive apps.

• electricalbananaelectricalbanana Portland, ORPosts: 47

Nothing can harm it.

Just use it.

• johnorionjohnorion New YorkPosts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with runtohell .. in fact I have seen it actually lose charge when charging and using the phone with anything that is cpu intensive. So it will actually 'stop' charging when you are using the phone hard and the battery will continue to drain even while plugged in. Usually when this happens the phone is "warm" to the touch due to the cpu activity so as he mentioned .. heat will reduce the charger from using a higher charge until the phone cools down.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Quickcharge 3.0 will charge at about 3.1-3.2 amps, and begin slowing down at around 75%. at about 85% the charge rate will have slowed down to about 900mA (.9 amps). Depending on the battery temperature, it will further slow the charge rate to keep the battery from getting too hot. (if you are in the 42C range, the charge rate may slow down. Overall, goal of quick charge 3.0 to to get close to a 1C charge rate as long as the battery is not getting too hot, and then when the battery reaches its target voltage, it switches from a constant current based charge, to a constant voltage based charge, and the profile begins to follow more of a traditional charge.

Basically the last 10% is more like a traditional charge where it is effectively doing 0.6 amps at 4.4V, and gradually lowering the current output as it gets closer to 100%. This is standard for all li-ion batteries as a rapid charge near the end will damage the battery.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice explanation, Thanks!

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭