Error 491

I have a zmax pro and can't do any updates.

I'm tired of doing the factory reset.

I've already done the removing my account, clearing app store data, storage data and resetting. I've even installed the APK file with Google + and anything else I have found.

I enjoy having this phone, but I'm honestly at a loss as to what else I could do

Answers

• r0bbieism3r0bbieism3 Posts: 67 ✭✭

This is happening with the axon 7 also. Seems like a Google problem.

• asianrockerasianrocker ILPosts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make a new google account. Don't use any existing google account. I think that is the crux of the 491 error. I always make new google account on all my phones. I had that 491 error too and had not have that error ever since.

You also can contact google about this persistent error.

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When I do a factory reset, there is a point where I am asked whether to restore from an existing setup or to create a fresh setup.  I always select a fresh setup and things go smoothly.

• dirkmasterdirkmaster Garland, TXPosts: 2

I just got off the phone with Google Support. We went thru all the fixes you can find on the Internet that HAD NOT fixed it. He then said "Oh, you have a ZTE phone. This is a known issue with their most recent update. You'll have to continue troubleshooting with them."  So Google isn't the solution.

The only thing I haven't tried is the factory reset. But I am afraid I will loose my Authenticator, which will lock me out of both Google and Amazon.

kes

• zte_usazte_usa United StatesPosts: 177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, please follow us and send us a private message, we will be happy to assist.

please follow us and send us a private message with more details. We will be happy to assist.