B25 update LTE disables on sim 1 at every reboot

Before update I had sim1 in LTE mode and sim2 in 3g mode but sim2 disabled. Ever since the update every reboot puts sim1 in 3g mode and sim2 in LTE mode. Is this a bug?

Answers

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is not a bug on my device. I'm not sure what to tell you to do. Did you try clearing the cache?

• abozhinabozhin Moscow, RussiaPosts: 53 ✭✭✭✭

Same problem after update. After reboot Axon 7 autoswitch SIM2 from LTE to 2G

• Mine done this back in the fall. Sim 1 Verizon sim and sim 2 at & t. When I got the phone in Nov.. It started off with sim 1 LTE and sim 2 3g. But after a update a month later. It has never worked right. I have to leave data 2 on to make both lines work. If i turn on data 1. Sim card 2 is shuts down. ZTE does not seem  to concerned about their bug.

• crcostelcrcostel ChicagoPosts: 65 ✭✭✭✭

I get a "no sim" error every time I boot, but then it recognizes the VZW Sim right after and I get LTE.

• edrock200edrock200 Posts: 27 ✭✭✭

I suspect it has to do with the seconds in slot now supporting a 256gb SD since the slot is shared. I too keep sim 2 disabled as it uses more battery to keep them both enabled. I just rebooted again and even though sim 2 is disabled, both came up in 3g mode. When I change slot one back to LTE it switches immediately but it's pretty annoying.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I have reported this to the mods for tracking. Thanks for the input!

• edrock200edrock200 Posts: 27 ✭✭✭

For what it's worth, I did some more testing and here's the results if the mods find it useful:

I normally have 2 sims in my phone, SIM1, primary, and SIM2 which is set to 3g only and disabled. I only turn it on when SIM1 goes out of coverage, and since SIM2 only comes with 3g service, I turned off LTE to minimize scanning and increase battery life. In this config, every reboot yields SIM1 coming up in 3g mode. I can set it back to LTE mode, which works until I reboot again, then it reverts to 3g.

I just enabled SIM2 and set it to LTE mode, then disabled it again. I rebooted my phone a few times and now SIM1 comes up in LTE mode. So it seems that SIM1 mirrors SIM2's data setting on reboot.